On Hold- Send Recommendation Email?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

On Hold- Send Recommendation Email?

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:27 pm

As far as I can tell, I am on "hold" at two different law firms. I have been given the advice that it would be a good idea to ask attorney(an AUSA) I worked with last summer to send a recommendation email to the firms I am waiting to hear from. I interned at the USAO, and worked on a significant project which I got very good feedback on from the attorney, as well as the US Attorney and the 1st assistant.

Are letters/emails of recommendation that common for 2L SA positions, and would it be useful? I can't imagine it hurting, but I would hate to ask the attorney to do me favor that would be unlikely to make a difference.

Re: On Hold- Send Recommendation Email?

Postby gulcregret » Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:45 pm

Did it and heard nothing in return thus far. Certainly won't hurt; mention you are still very interested and you want to supplement your file. Likely, it won't make much of a difference unless the attorney writing your recommendation personally knows the hiring attorney.

Return to “Legal Employment”