Was told "a few days"

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Was told "a few days"

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:55 pm

I had an interview at the employer's office last week (a big business, not a law firm) which essentially functioned as a callback. At the end they said they would let me know in "a few days" - I interviewed on the last day they were interviewing for the positions. Its nearing a week later and I have not heard anything. This type of business usually sends email rejections and I have not gotten one yet (or one via snail mail).

Is there a point in time when I should call them or do I just wait it out? My CSO office was no help.

Anonymous User

Re: Was told "a few days"

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:13 pm

Welcome to the "few days club." I've been given specific dates by firms, and they have passed those by weeks. I have no idea why they'd even give people a timeline when theyre not positive they can follow it. (Any insight into this would be great).

I've been following up, but I just keep getting told "a few more days".

JazzOne

Postby JazzOne » Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:15 pm

It sounds to me like they are waiting on other candidates to respond. Otherwise, they would know precisely when the hiring committee would meet. The only way there is any uncertainty is if it is on the part of an offeree.

kurla88

Postby kurla88 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:45 pm

I feel like 2 weeks is a good timeframe to check back in.

Return to “Legal Employment”