Follow-Up After Accepting SA Offer

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: Follow-Up After Accepting SA Offer

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:57 am

Has anyone heard back from their firms about start dates yet? If so, was it e-mailed or snail mailed?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:44 am

Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone heard back from their firms about start dates yet? If so, was it e-mailed or snail mailed?

Also interested in any follow-up from firms have made. What type of material do they send out (housing info, dress code guidelines, etc)? My firms sent out care packages for finals, but otherwise it's been radio silence so far. Also, do firms pay travel expenses for SA gigs?

Postby 1234543523 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:42 pm

Just got an E-mail with start date, end date and housing information.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:51 pm

I know a couple of people who have received their program dates via email. I have not.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:00 pm

Ugh, still radio silence.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:12 pm

Nothing here either.

Bosque

Postby Bosque » Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:59 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone heard back from their firms about start dates yet? If so, was it e-mailed or snail mailed?

They told me my start date during the interview. Haven't had any further correspondence yet though.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:12 am

I still haven't heard. :(

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:32 am

Guys, don't worry. It's normal to be anxious because all anyone talks about is deferrals, layoffs, and the lack of jobs. But if you got the offer, you've got the offer. You're secure. Try to relax. Every other law student in your position feels the same way; the simple truth is, from the firm's point of view, recruiting was a pain in the ass that they're glad to have over, and they're going to focus on other things until it becomes necessary to focus on recruiting again. As the summer gets closer, they definitely will contact you, but there's certainly nothing inappropriate contacting them to nail down necessary things like start dates.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:22 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Guys, don't worry. It's normal to be anxious because all anyone talks about is deferrals, layoffs, and the lack of jobs. But if you got the offer, you've got the offer. You're secure. Try to relax. Every other law student in your position feels the same way; the simple truth is, from the firm's point of view, recruiting was a pain in the ass that they're glad to have over, and they're going to focus on other things until it becomes necessary to focus on recruiting again. As the summer gets closer, they definitely will contact you, but there's certainly nothing inappropriate contacting them to nail down necessary things like start dates.

Agree 100%. FWIW, I called my firm the other day (V30) to inquire about start dates, and they were incredibly nice and forthcoming. I got my start dates, as well as the number of weeks options, and they said they'll be emailing everyone in a few weeks, but feel free to call them with any other questions.

Return to “Legal Employment”