FCC?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

FCC?

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:36 am

Anyone know about working here your 2L year? I see a lot of unpaid internships on their website but I am wondering if anyone knows anything about summer clerkships or how they do their hiring?

Anonymous User

Re: FCC?

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:30 pm

Can I assume people from top law schools don't give a damn about goverment agencies? :lol:

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:40 pm

I worked there my 1L summer so I have some idea of how they hire...

The FCC has paid and unpaid legal internships and externships, both in the bureaus and in the offices of the Commissioners. They don't have a summer clerkship program beyond these internships. They used to have an Honors program for entry-level employment but that is suspended for the moment.

All of the FCC internships are not on the jobs website. In your shoes, I'd e-mail the recruiting contacts at the bureaus directly and inquire about whether they are hiring any interns.

blackacre

Postby blackacre » Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:08 pm

Thanks for the info! I'm also interested in this area. Do you know how they hire attorneys? Do they hire entry-level attorneys or is it mostly from experienced attorneys? Do you know anyone who has done an internship and turned that into being hired after graduation?

blackacre

Postby blackacre » Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:22 am

bump??? anyone?

Return to “Legal Employment”