Send updated transcript? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Send updated transcript?

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:47 pm

I'm on what appears to be a firm's offer waitlist (interviewed about a month ago, heard two weeks ago that they're still making decisions, can't give me a timeline). I took a summer class and should have the grade next week, which I'm assuming will be good and will bump my gpa up a tenth of a point (which looks way better). Should I send the firm an updated transcript, or does that look too desperate of me? And if I should send, does anyone have tips on what to say in the body of the email?

Thanks!

tingles

New

Re: Send updated transcript?

Post by tingles » Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:59 pm

I think if your new grade ends up boosting your gpa, you should email them with that information. Since it's been about 2 weeks since you heard from them, no harm in saying that you're still interested in the firm and wanted to give them an update on your grades.

Dr. Van Nostrand

Bronze

Re: Send updated transcript?

Post by Dr. Van Nostrand » Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:12 pm

I would send it. Like the above poster said, it does not hurt anything to tell them you are still very interested in their firm because of X,Y, & Z, and you just wanted to keep them apprised with you and the changes to your application for their records. Just make sure as always any communication you have with them is flawless.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”