Has all DC activity ceased?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Has all DC activity ceased?

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:56 pm

Anyone know if there was a second round of CB/Offers after the first rounders picked a firm?It's long past 28 days since the first reports of offers.

Anonymous User

Re: Has all DC activity ceased?

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:37 pm

I had a CB/offer this week in DC from a supplemental resume grab that happened about a month ago.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:23 pm

offer yesterday (almost 1.5 months after CB, lol)...declined since I already accepted elsewhere

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:18 pm

Haven't heard anything of recent DC offers. It's a tough market to get into because there are relatively fewer positions than NY. Most of the class sizes are considerably smaller than NY.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:48 pm

Two DC offers within the last week. One from a supplemental resume grab, one from an old CB.

Some of these places have miniscule class sizes compared to NY firms. I remember at some of the NY firms, I just kept bumping into my classmates as we were shuttled from interview to interview. It felt like there were several of us on every floor. In DC, by contrast, I was often the only person being interviewed on a given day.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:47 am

for the people that have received offers recently, you mind sharing what firms?

Return to “Legal Employment”