STB culture?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

STB culture?

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:32 pm

I hear Simpson is one of the "nice" firms -- what does this mean? Any insight into STB's culture?

Kohinoor

Re: STB culture?

Postby Kohinoor » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:02 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I hear Simpson is one of the "nice" firms -- what does this mean? Any insight into STB's culture?

It means their PR department is doing a great job.

ZXCVBNM

Postby ZXCVBNM » Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:07 am

It doesn't mean you'll work less or less is expected but there's no shouting. A genteel environment I believe they call it. If you like that then it's a nice thing. Some like more of a fraternity environment.

A0566

Postby A0566 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:30 am

ZXCVBNM wrote:It doesn't mean you'll work less or less is expected but there's no shouting. A genteel environment I believe they call it. If you like that then it's a nice thing. Some like more of a fraternity environment.

Is STB the firm with the cookies they bake on the premises?

Hoopster

Postby Hoopster » Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:09 am

It means it's more "collegial" than say at Cravath where the culture is more formal and businesslike because it's a blueblood.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:46 pm

A0566 wrote:
ZXCVBNM wrote:It doesn't mean you'll work less or less is expected but there's no shouting. A genteel environment I believe they call it. If you like that then it's a nice thing. Some like more of a fraternity environment.

Is STB the firm with the cookies they bake on the premises?

Yes.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:49 pm

STB is fratty but not in the same almost-invasive way Skadden can be fratty. It's a "nice" firm but that can equal being passive-aggressive.

STB, like DPW, also seems to have a thing for the lookers among us. If you're not on LR, you're basically required to be both social and good-looking to receive an offer.

Hoopster

Postby Hoopster » Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:32 pm

Anonymous User wrote:STB is fratty but not in the same almost-invasive way Skadden can be fratty. It's a "nice" firm but that can equal being passive-aggressive.

STB, like DPW, also seems to have a thing for the lookers among us. If you're not on LR, you're basically required to be both social and good-looking to receive an offer.

Why, thank you for thinking I'm so good looking. :lol:

It's my personal opinion that DPW oozes passive-aggressive while STB not so much.

Return to “Legal Employment”