Anyone else still waiting to hear back from firms?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Aqualibrium

Re: Anyone else still waiting to hear back from firms?

Postby Aqualibrium » Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:57 pm

JazzOne wrote:I have a friend who's been on hold at a big firm for six weeks. He hasn't made any contact with the firm. I keep urging him to do it because he has no other offers, but he is reluctant. Are there any other thoughts or stories from people who were on hold over a month and then contacted the firm? My friend doesn't know what to say because he doesn't have any deadlines that he can use to prod the firm to make a decision.

Is this 6 weeks post callback? Did they actually tell him he's on hold, and its been six weeks since then?

JazzOne

Postby JazzOne » Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:02 pm

Aqualibrium wrote:
JazzOne wrote:I have a friend who's been on hold at a big firm for six weeks. He hasn't made any contact with the firm. I keep urging him to do it because he has no other offers, but he is reluctant. Are there any other thoughts or stories from people who were on hold over a month and then contacted the firm? My friend doesn't know what to say because he doesn't have any deadlines that he can use to prod the firm to make a decision.

Is this 6 weeks post callback? Did they actually tell him he's on hold, and its been six weeks since then?

Six weeks since the callback, and he has not contacted them at all. I think it's over, but his only shot now is to contact them. Small chance, but I feel that it's better than none.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:46 pm

I was on unofficial hold at a firm since late August and just got the offer last week. So it definitely is still a possibility. It really does seem that you are still a chance at most places until they send you that reject letter.

Aqualibrium

Postby Aqualibrium » Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:18 pm

JazzOne wrote:
Aqualibrium wrote:

Six weeks since the callback, and he has not contacted them at all. I think it's over, but his only shot now is to contact them. Small chance, but I feel that it's better than none.

IMO, 6 weeks with absolutely no contact means it doesn't look good for your friend. As I said earlier in the thread, I'm of the opinion that if the firms is seriously considering you, they'll let you know something before a month passes. At this point, your friend should probably contact them, but the chances of him coming away with anything but a rejection are slim.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:46 pm

Had a callback with a business about 2 weeks ago. They told me they would get back to me either way in a few days. I called them today to ask if they were still in the decision process, but only got the voicemail. I left a message but I figure if they dont call me back today or tomorrow I am screwed.

Is this probably the case?

Return to “Legal Employment”