Anonymous User wrote:
I said that they were my top choice (and gave several reasons why.) I also told them about my other deadlines.
Thats my problem- I don't have any other deadlines. I feel like if I called the firm I wouldn't really have much to say and it would be awkward.
I'm not sure about your particular firm, but I sent my firm an e-mail about 3-4 weeks after the CB because it was getting late in the game. I wrote in the e-mail that I enjoyed visiting the firm, that I was still very much interested in them, and that I was wondering what their timeline looked like. (I didn't have any offers)
They called me in reply to my e-mail and told me that they were delayed because of scheduling or something along those lines but they did say they were glad to know I was still interested and to let them know of any deadlines. I told them that I would do so and the conversation ended.
It really wasn't awkward at all - I share this because I ended up getting an offer from them. If a lot of time has passed after the callback and they have 2 people they like and one has shown signs that they're likely to accept an offer, who knows, they might go with it. Either way, I don't think it can hurt. I was scared to ask but even before getting an offer, it was totally fine.