Anyone else still waiting to hear back from firms? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Anyone else still waiting to hear back from firms?

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:32 pm

I had cb's ranging from 7 weeks ago to 3 weeks ago, and all the firms say "i'm still under consideration". Anyone else waiting to hear back. Would like to hear from my brethren to know I am not alone. No offers.

Anonymous User

Re: Anyone else still waiting to hear back from firms?

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:36 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I had cb's ranging from 7 weeks ago to 3 weeks ago, and all the firms say "i'm still under consideration". Anyone else waiting to hear back. Would like to hear from my brethren to know I am not alone. No offers.
Right there with you.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:50 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I had cb's ranging from 7 weeks ago to 3 weeks ago, and all the firms say "i'm still under consideration". Anyone else waiting to hear back. Would like to hear from my brethren to know I am not alone. No offers.
Not alone bro.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:34 pm

Yes! I thought I was done but I just heard back from a firm saying they're still deciding. Which was half half happy half annoying....dragging it out sucks a LOT when there's a rejection at the end :evil:

ToTransferOrNot

Gold

Post by ToTransferOrNot » Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:29 pm

I received my (only) offer from an OCI employer around this time last year. There's still hope.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:30 pm

I'm waiting...still applying too, though that might be a fruitless endeavor at this point.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:31 pm

I'm waiting as well. It's been more than a month already.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:48 pm

I'm waiting on two firms (and I've only had three callbacks) as well. It's been 6 and 7 weeks, respectively. I'm happy that I'm still under consideration, but am scared to be hopeful because they both have tiny summer classes.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:03 pm

Still waiting on 7 firms after CBs. If I had to do this all over again, I would NOT be so specific about what practice I wanted to go into....

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:02 pm

OP here (or first poster)

Just wanted to let you all know that I got my first offer today! Hang in there everyone, it's not too late at all.

BobSacamano

Bronze

Post by BobSacamano » Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:16 pm

I'm waiting on a screener from late August, a screener from mid-September, and a CB that was almost a month ago. Every day I think that I'll hear something. No dice.

daisyduck

New

Post by daisyduck » Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:18 pm

Anonymous User wrote:OP here (or first poster)

Just wanted to let you all know that I got my first offer today! Hang in there everyone, it's not too late at all.
Wow congratulations. You must be so relieved. Would you mind PMing me which firm?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:45 pm

Just got rejected from my top-choice and only remaining Vault firm after 5 weeks of "active consideration." Still have some good leads, but I'm pretty disapointed.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:03 pm

In the same boat: waiting on a CB from 6 weeks ago! Although I did call the recruiter 2 weeks ago, left a VM, and never heard back. It really can't be good. Dammit, is it that hard to print a form letter and send it out?! The waiting sucks.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:53 pm

Waiting on a screener from early September (how hard is it to just send out that rejection letter), a screener from mid September, a CB from 3 weeks ago, and a CB from 2 weeks ago.

JazzOne

Gold

Post by JazzOne » Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:56 pm

Anonymous User wrote:In the same boat: waiting on a CB from 6 weeks ago! Although I did call the recruiter 2 weeks ago, left a VM, and never heard back. It really can't be good. Dammit, is it that hard to print a form letter and send it out?! The waiting sucks.
In my experience, this is a soft rejection. I never received any positive feedback from a firm after the recruiter ignored my inquiry.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:00 pm

Anonymous User wrote:In the same boat: waiting on a CB from 6 weeks ago! Although I did call the recruiter 2 weeks ago, left a VM, and never heard back. It really can't be good. Dammit, is it that hard to print a form letter and send it out?! The waiting sucks.
Out the TTT who can't be bothered to send you a rejection letter promptly.

Like I will: Baker & McKenzie.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:04 pm

Speaking of TTT firms, Ballard Spahr DC was doing a lot of interviewing even though they aren't having a summer class.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:11 pm

Three firms hadn't gotten back to me since the screening interview. I emailed them all at about the 8th week, and promptly received rejection emails/letters. One firm even pretended like they already sent me the email.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:53 pm

Glad that someone else had some success, really gives me hope.

Aqualibrium

Gold

Post by Aqualibrium » Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:31 pm

In my experience, if it's been more than a month since your callback, if the firm is still considering you, they will either call you or send you a letter. If you don't get a call or a letter more than a month after the callback, you are most likely rejected.

I've never made inquiries, because I don't think they are neccessary. If they wan't you, they'll let you know.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:45 am

In my experience, if it's been more than a month since your callback, if the firm is still considering you, they will either call you or send you a letter. If you don't get a call or a letter more than a month after the callback, you are most likely rejected.

I've never made inquiries, because I don't think they are neccessary. If they wan't you, they'll let you know.
This is my philosophy - at this point you need them a lot more than they need you so why give them a reason to cross your name off the list? Then again, my advice probably shouldn't be credited given my utter failure in OCI :cry:

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:51 am

There are still lots of people using their 28 days to decide. Don't give up hope. I've got taken off of 2 "hold" piles already, and I'll be giving a yes or no to both firms early next week. I know there are many others in similar situation.

JazzOne

Gold

Post by JazzOne » Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:23 pm

Anonymous User wrote:There are still lots of people using their 28 days to decide. Don't give up hope. I've got taken off of 2 "hold" piles already, and I'll be giving a yes or no to both firms early next week. I know there are many others in similar situation.
A friend of mine has been on hold after a call-back with a huge firm for about six weeks. I wish I could out the firm, but I don't want to hurt his chances because he really needs this. I told him to make contact with the recruiter, but it seems like TLS disagrees with my advice. He said he wouldn't know what to say, so he wasn't going to do it.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:14 pm

What steps are you all taking to find summer employment at this point?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”