Cheap hotels in DC?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Cheap hotels in DC?

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:39 pm

Planning on driving out there for an interview. Need to reserve a hotel. Looking for cheap since I won't be there for long anyways (but nothing ridiculous like a by the hour type hotel). Where should I stay?

Aqualibrium

Re: Cheap hotels in DC?

Postby Aqualibrium » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:48 pm

Holiday Inn Rossalyn, or anything near Crystal City. Generally pretty cheap, and easy access ot the metro.

wiseowl

Postby wiseowl » Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:07 pm

I've always had good luck in the Crystal City area. One time I also stayed at a Super 8 on the Orange Line in VA that wasn't terrible and was under $100.

You aren't going to find anything in the district on short notice that meets anyone's definition of "cheap".

Aqualibrium

Postby Aqualibrium » Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:17 pm

wiseowl wrote:I've always had good luck in the Crystal City area. One time I also stayed at a Super 8 on the Orange Line in VA that wasn't terrible and was under $100.

You aren't going to find anything in the district on short notice that meets anyone's definition of "cheap".

I forgot to add that you can sometimes get a good deal at the L'Enfant plaza hotel, red roof in china town, and marriot near connecticut if you are looking for a place specifically in the district. I just don't think driving into the district with a car is smart. At hotels in Alexandria, Arlington, Crystal City, you get free parking and easy metro access.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:29 pm

There is a Holiday Inn in Van Ness that is very clean, cheap, and within a couple block's of the Metro's red line. It is fairly high up on Connecticut Ave. so it is very easy to get there.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:30 pm

Thanks for the input guys. I'll try and reserve something tomorrow.

Aqualibrium wrote:
wiseowl wrote:I've always had good luck in the Crystal City area. One time I also stayed at a Super 8 on the Orange Line in VA that wasn't terrible and was under $100.

I forgot to add that you can sometimes get a good deal at the L'Enfant plaza hotel, red roof in china town, and marriot near connecticut if you are looking for a place specifically in the district. I just don't think driving into the district with a car is smart. At hotels in Alexandria, Arlington, Crystal City, you get free parking and easy metro access.

How bad is finding and the cost of parking in DC? I've never been there before this, so I figured driving would be the easiest (as oppose to trying to figure out public transportation).

Aqualibrium

Postby Aqualibrium » Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:31 pm

Anonymous User wrote:There is a Holiday Inn in Van Ness that is very clean, cheap, and within a couple block's of the Metro's red line. It is fairly high up on Connecticut Ave. so it is very easy to get there.

LoL, you must work for the days inn or something...that's the only reason I can see for this post being anon.

Sauer Grapes

Postby Sauer Grapes » Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:59 am

There is the American Inn between Crystal City and Pentagon City that looks pretty old. I bet it's cheap.

If you want nicer, there is a brand new Courtyard right off the NY Ave Metro stop in NE. The neighborhood is lacking, but it's literally right off the metro, so you won't have to worry about walking down a dangerous street.

There is also a Residence Inn in Pentagon City. I doubt it's "cheap," but it'll be relatively cheap compared to some of the full service hotels in the area.

Oh, and a Holiday Inn in Crystal City as well. (and Hampton Inn, I think)

eandy

Postby eandy » Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:05 am

My cheap UG sent us to a conference in Washington, and they had us stay at the Towne Motel in Alexandria. The place seems really sketchy and backs up to the projects, but it is really pretty ok. It's cheap as hell, and it is really easy to get into the city from there.

upalittletoolate

Postby upalittletoolate » Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:15 am

A little late to the party, but my friends and I stayed 3 nights in the Sheraton National in Arlington for 100 bucks a night (with fees/whatever came out to 108). Beautiful hotel, great location, free parking (they seem to leave the gates up at all times).

D. H2Oman

Postby D. H2Oman » Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:29 am

You can stay with me in my one bed room, if you're a hot female, or an ugly one, or male.

dood

Postby dood » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:55 am

Last edited by dood on Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dood

Postby dood » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:56 am

Last edited by dood on Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JOThompson

Postby JOThompson » Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:05 am

Stay at Hosteling International, if you don't mind sleeping in a dormitory style room. Conveniently located and it runs $40-50 per night.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:03 pm

dood wrote:but seriously, i dunno anyone who doesnt use PRICELINE NEGOTIATOR these days

You can't use priceline for booking just a hotel...

DCDuck

Postby DCDuck » Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:12 pm

Do NOT drive in the District, especially if you've never been there before. Traffic, confusing streets, lack of parking- it would be a stressful nightmare. Public transportation is very easy to figure out, especially the metro. Taxis are also pretty affordable and easy to get. I would recommend taking a taxi to your interview.

Days Inn near the Van Ness Metro stop (redline) is cheap, metro accessible, but not a lot of food options within walking distance. NoVa is probably a good bet, too.

martha_c

Postby martha_c » Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:17 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
dood wrote:but seriously, i dunno anyone who doesnt use PRICELINE NEGOTIATOR these days

WTF? Of course you can.

I'd also try Hotwire.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:48 pm

martha_c wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

WTF? Of course you can.

I'd also try Hotwire.

Really? I didn't know that. I though you had to book a flight.

EDIT- wow, I wish I had known about this a few minutes ago. I just booked a hotel for way more than the prices on priceline... And I could have avoided wasting time with making this thread. ::feels dumb::

SilverE2

Postby SilverE2 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:46 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
martha_c wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

WTF? Of course you can.

I'd also try Hotwire.

Really? I didn't know that. I though you had to book a flight.

EDIT- wow, I wish I had known about this a few minutes ago. I just booked a hotel for way more than the prices on priceline... And I could have avoided wasting time with making this thread. ::feels dumb::

+1 For Priceline/Hotwire. I have booked beautiful 4 star hotels for $65 a night. It's virtually all I use now.

dood

Postby dood » Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:07 pm

fadl

Postby fadl » Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:01 pm

[SPAM]

Postby 09042014 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:34 pm

Priceline name your own price is 180.

The Duck

Postby The Duck » Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:39 pm

I've had luck priceline'ing in MD and metro'ing in. I think I got decent rooms for around $90.

Return to “Legal Employment”