. Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:04 am

Thanks for the responses!
Last edited by Anonymous User on Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Re: Another firm poll (NY/Boston)

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:37 pm

Not taking location (other than as it would substantively affect your work) into account, I would say this is a Latham NY slam dunk.

Although Skadden has, arguably, a slightly better national reputation, it seems that largely stems from their NY presence. I would think that your opportunities in Boston would be limited by the market and Skadden's position in that market.

Latham NY is also a corporate powerhouse with the same prestigious national reputation, and you would be in NY where the action is. This seems to be a winner for Latham.

OP, just out of curiosity, what two firms are you torn between?

Anonymous User

Re: Another firm poll (NY/Boston)

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:06 pm

I'm sorry I'll have to punt the question, but thanks for the response! :)

Anonymous User

Re: .

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:51 pm

How in the world is Latham a slam dunk in any scenario?!

And come on, the NY vs. non-NY distinction is valid, but to put Latham and Skadden in the same "corporate powerhouse" tier is preposterous.
Last edited by Anonymous User on Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Re: .

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:56 pm

Wait, OP, what did you decide?! Leaving us hanging, not fair! Do you have an impending deadline?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”