How much do trial attorneys make compared to ...

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
BruceWayne

Re: How much do trial attorneys make compared to ...

Postby BruceWayne » Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:20 am

You have a great story reasonable man; congrats to you and your hardwork/non defeatist attitude!

P.S You've got to be about the only "real" attorney on here (actually practiced for a number of years)!

When I hear a story like yours and then hear about all these top 14 people who are struggling, it really makes me wonder if people are truly putting in the "elbow grease" and hustling as hard as they have to to get a job.

bdubs

Re: How much do trial attorneys make compared to ...

Postby bdubs » Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:15 am

M.M. wrote:
bdubs wrote:
CLS2011 wrote:
M.M. wrote:@ CLS do litigators tend to work more ?

Those things tend to make reasonable, predictable hours pretty non-existent in a true litigation practice.

This is spot on. Having worked in a litigation environment for the last four years I can tell you it's not for everyone. The deadlines and adversarial environment make it more exciting than transactional work though.

could you work in a smaller market to work less hours?

I think that in order to work less hours as a litigator you would just need to take on fewer or less taxing cases. That is not a recipe for success.

Return to “Legal Employment”