attire/etiquette for a dinner the night BEFORE a callback?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

attire/etiquette for a dinner the night BEFORE a callback?

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:31 pm

cb this week at a midsize firm in a flyover market. I'm getting into town the night before my interview, and they've invited me to dinner that evening. The firm has business casual dress code, and they know I'm essentially coming straight from the airport. Suit required for dinner, or could I get away without the jacket? (i'm a girl, so skirt + blouse + cardigan?)

spondee

Re: attire/etiquette for a dinner the night BEFORE a callback?

Postby spondee » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:36 pm

Easiest to call and ask.

tingles

Postby tingles » Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:15 pm

Agree - call recruiting and ask. Don't know if I would contact the attorneys directly.

underachiever

Postby underachiever » Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:23 pm

Did the same thing last month....wore a suit and tie and so did the man I was meeting, women was in business attire too.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:33 pm

I did 3 of these (2 Atlanta, 1 Texas). I wore business casual to all of them, and I was really happy I didn't wear a suit since the attorneys came in khakis and button ups or skirts/dresses. Usually the attorneys come straight from work, so they'll just be wearing whatever they wore to work that day.

If you're a girl and the firm is business casual, I would definitely go with the skirt, heels, blouse, cardigan combo.

Return to “Legal Employment”