711 or State Appellate Externship

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

711 or State Appellate Externship

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:03 pm

Which one would be the best choice between 711 at a PD office and a state appellate externship? I know neither is prestigious but if you were in my position (T4, Top 10%, LR) and looking to make the most out of your situation what do you think?

Thanks in advance.

Anonymous User

Re: 711 or State Appellate Externship

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:53 am

Anonymous User wrote:Which one would be the best choice between 711 at a PD office and a state appellate externship? I know neither is prestigious but if you were in my position (T4, Top 10%, LR) and looking to make the most out of your situation what do you think?

Thanks in advance.

This is probably not the place to get advice. Most on TLS likely think that you are a caveman for not being top 10% T14 with at least a couple V50 and at worst V100 offers.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:57 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Which one would be the best choice between 711 at a PD office and a state appellate externship? I know neither is prestigious but if you were in my position (T4, Top 10%, LR) and looking to make the most out of your situation what do you think?

Thanks in advance.

This is probably not the place to get advice. Most on TLS likely think that you are a caveman for not being top 10% T14 with at least a couple V50 and at worst V100 offers.

Just to clarify, I'm not bashing you, I am a T4 caveman as well, but got a V100 offer. Wish I had some advice on the 711 or state app. externship, good luck.

Unemployed

Postby Unemployed » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:40 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Thanks in advance.

Just to clarify, I'm not bashing you, I am a T4 caveman as well, but got a V100 offer. Wish I had some advice on the 711 or state app. externship, good luck.

Oh, so you just wanted to let the caveman know that you are not like him at all. :lol:

OP - what's a 711? From a google search, it appears to be an Illinois SC Rule allowing students to stand in court? If so, that sounds like an awesome opportunity. Nevertheless, if you are looking to go to biglaw eventually, you may be better off with the state appellate externship - biglaw people often assume that PD's and ADA's can't write well.

Merriweather

Postby Merriweather » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:27 pm

i'd take 7-11. you can get free slurpees.

LjakW

Postby LjakW » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:43 pm

Merriweather wrote:i'd take 7-11. you can get free slurpees.

Exactly what I was thinking when I saw the post title.

Return to “Legal Employment”