Banner & Witcoff

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

What have you heard about Banner & Witcoff?

Positive Things
38%
Neutral Things
6%
Negative Things
13%
That's a bookstore, right?
44%

Total votes: 16

Anonymous User

Banner & Witcoff

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:25 pm

Hey y'all. So, I am curious what the wisdom of the masses has to say about Banner & Witcoff. I have done a lot of research of my own, and it seems like great shop. Work with great clients like Microsoft and Nike, pay starts above market (with the option to make less and bill less hours), location is great, and it seems like you have a pretty good chance of actually making partner (they, like Knobbe, tend to build from the incoming classes, not by hiring laterally).

From what I can tell the place seems almost too good to be true. So, I would like to see if you guys think it is. Lay some truth (or at least, entertainingly biased unfounded opinions) on me! Hear anything which contradicts what I said? What are the downsides? Given the choice between Banner and another IP Botique, like Fish, Kenyon, Knobbe, or Finnegan, which would you pick? What about them and a big GP firm with a good IP practice?

Don't worry about trying to apply this to me specifically, I am really more interested in generating some info for future job seekers. There is not much opinion of the firm out there in the forums...
Last edited by Anonymous User on Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Re: Banner & Witcoff

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:02 am

Anonymous User wrote:Hey y'all. So, I am curious what the wisdom of the masses has to say about Banner & Witcoff. I have done a lot of research of my own, and it seems like great shop. Work with great clients like Microsoft and Nike, pay starts above market (with the option to make less and bill less hours), location is great, and it seems like you have a pretty good chance of actually making partner (they, like Knobbe, tend to build from the incoming classes, not by hiring laterally).

From what I can tell the place seems almost too good to be true. So, I would like to see if you guys think it is. Lay some truth (or at least, entertainingly biased unfounded opinions) on me! Hear anything which contradicts what I said? What are the downsides? Given the choice between Banner and another IP Botique, like Fish, Kenyon, Knobbe, or Finnegan, which would you pick? What about them and a big GP firm with a good IP practice?

Don't worry about trying to apply this to me specifically, I am really more interested in generating some info for future job seekers. There is not much opinion of the firm out there in the forums...

Banner is a great place to work and it pays much more than Knobbe or Finnegan. Banner has a great working environment. Nothing negative heard so far.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:09 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Hey y'all. So, I am curious what the wisdom of the masses has to say about Banner & Witcoff. I have done a lot of research of my own, and it seems like great shop. Work with great clients like Microsoft and Nike, pay starts above market (with the option to make less and bill less hours), location is great, and it seems like you have a pretty good chance of actually making partner (they, like Knobbe, tend to build from the incoming classes, not by hiring laterally).

Banner is a great place to work and it pays much more than Knobbe or Finnegan. Banner has a great working environment. Nothing negative heard so far.

I had heard that Finnegan is going back to market, so Banner will not be paying too much more when that happens. Still, only heard good things about the firm. It seems like people should be fighting to get in the door.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:22 am

Thanks so far, but not much in the way of comments. I added a poll, we will see if that helps generate some interest.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:02 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

I had heard that Finnegan is going back to market, so Banner will not be paying too much more when that happens. Still, only heard good things about the firm. It seems like people should be fighting to get in the door.

Per my offer letter, Finnegan is back at market, just a FYI.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:16 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Per my offer letter, Finnegan is back at market, just a FYI.

That's what I had heard as well. Good to get independent confirmation.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:28 pm

Hmm. Guess no one has much to say about the firm.

LukeWalker

Postby LukeWalker » Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:20 am

Wanted to bring this thread back from the dead to see if anyone had any more to say about Banner.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:28 pm

LukeWalker wrote:Wanted to bring this thread back from the dead to see if anyone had any more to say about Banner.

same....anything??

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:42 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
LukeWalker wrote:Wanted to bring this thread back from the dead to see if anyone had any more to say about Banner.

same....anything??

Return to “Legal Employment”