Robins Kaplan

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Robins Kaplan

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:39 am

Anyone receive an offer/ding from Robins Kaplan? how long after your cb did you hear?

Anonymous User

Re: Robins Kaplan

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:09 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone receive an offer/ding from Robins Kaplan? how long after your cb did you hear?

Ding a couple weeks after the CB. Wasn't my primary market, so I wasn't shocked. Seemed like a pretty cool firm, though.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:14 pm

Offer last week. Rejected the offer on Friday. My offer came a week and 2 days after the interview. I interviewed on a Friday. Working at Faegre. Woo Wooot!

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:33 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Offer last week. Rejected the offer on Friday. My offer came a week and 2 days after the interview. I interviewed on a Friday. Working at Faegre. Woo Wooot!

why did you choose faegre?

also, i interviewed on a thursday, got the offer on the following monday.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:10 pm

what office were these offers for?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:03 pm

Anonymous User wrote:what office were these offers for?

minneapolis

Lawguru

Postby Lawguru » Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:36 pm

Why did I choose Faegre?

For a million reasons.

1) I have heard horror stories about being an associate there (at RKMC) and moderately good things about Faegre.
2) for the amount required to work, and with the pay being identical to other market-paying firms in Minneapolis, it seems stupid. RKMC requires 1900, though most associates tell me it is more, and they get paid 110k. Compare with Faegre, Dorsey, or any other big firm in town. They require 1800. The average is 1750, and there is no expectation to bill 2200 if you want to make partner.
3) Their turnover rate is rather high.
4) Faegre, as far as international and/or national reputation goes is top notch. Don't get me wrong though, RKMC has a terricfic reputation and they continually rank in Vault very highly in key places.
5) Unless you really want to do Plaintiff Litigation, there are better firms in town. Faegre being one of them
6) Their offer ratio is not very good historically. Also, despite what they tell you, you will not make partner in 7 years. At least Faegre was honest with me about it.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:05 pm

Anyone else receive on offer to any office? Have all offers come out on Tuesday or is it just a coincidence both prior posters heard to tuesday.

Return to “Legal Employment”