I haven't heard from the firm after I accepted the offer

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

I haven't heard from the firm after I accepted the offer

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:03 pm

I accepted through email, and confirmed over the phone, but I haven't heard anything since then. Aren't I supposed to sign something to document my acceptance of the offer? Is this a bad sign?

Anonymous User

Re: I haven't heard from the firm after I accepted the offer

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:05 pm

I haven't heard anything either, but students who accepted after me were told of my acceptance, so I at least know my firm has a record of it. Still, I wouldn't worry about it. Your firm isn't just going to forget about you.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:05 pm

Nah, this isn't unusual. You'll get a letter in the mail in a week or so. You accepted already via email, so you already have record of that. Don't worry. I know it feels a bit crazy now that it is all over. Congratulations!

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:40 pm

I also accepted over email and then called to confirm. I've gotten emails from attorneys at the firm saying congratulations. Most importantly for OP's question, when I called to confirm, I asked if I would be getting a letter or needed to give them any more information for now, etc., and they said that I wouldn't be getting anything until the winter. So, even if you don't get a letter within the next few weeks, I wouldn't worry. I'm sure it's just different firm-by-firm.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:57 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I also accepted over email and then called to confirm. I've gotten emails from attorneys at the firm saying congratulations. Most importantly for OP's question, when I called to confirm, I asked if I would be getting a letter or needed to give them any more information for now, etc., and they said that I wouldn't be getting anything until the winter. So, even if you don't get a letter within the next few weeks, I wouldn't worry. I'm sure it's just different firm-by-firm.

Ditto.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:15 pm

Similar to above posters. I accepted over the phone and haven't heard anything since, but I was told not to expect anything until next year.

rayiner

Postby rayiner » Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:41 pm

You'll get an official offer letter in the mail a week or so after your offer. You won't hear anything else until January or so.

Return to “Legal Employment”