Post Callback Purgatory Thread

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: Post Callback Purgatory Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:00 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:anyone in this thread get any good news? I still have a few outstanding cb's and no offers. Going on 2 weeks now. Every walk to the mailbox is like a death march.

No good news. One ding, so I'm down to just one outstanding callback.

Same here. You are not alone, bro. Heck, I just keep telling myself "dude you have solid backups and you don't have a crushing debt and you don't necessarily need the 160K in NYC and you are still young and life is long and don't take the 15-second decision of some random hiring partner too seriously."

But it still stings. I am just a terrible prestige whore. :cry:

ASM11

Postby ASM11 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:33 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I go to my mailbox in the afternoons and before I open it I say... "No whammies no whammies big money no whammies!"

...people must think I'm crazy.

This is by far the funniest thing I have seen on TLS.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:58 pm

The worst part of this process is seeing your classmates make 3 times your income, and seeing your friends from undergrad make more money than you can possibly expect to make.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:48 pm

The worst part of this process is seeing your classmates make 3 times your income, and seeing your friends from undergrad make more money than you can possibly expect to make.

No, the worst part is when you're on hold and you ask the head of the government agency you are externing with what advice she has for a young attorney who wants to start a career in said agency and her response is "Work for a firm to get experience."

FAIL.

pasteurizedmilk

Postby pasteurizedmilk » Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:54 pm

I would call them and see what's up if youv'e heard nothing.

I just did this with 5 firms, and 4 of them said they had mailed out reject letters weeks ago. I haven't had any problems with receiving my mail from other places.

Just a thought.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:08 pm

I heard from 3 of the cbs I went on close to 4 weeks after - 2 were dings and one was just a call to let me know I'm still just waiting. So there's definitely still hope!

Return to “Legal Employment”