Latham, Cahill, White & Case, or Cadwalader?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

Which would you chose?

Cahill
13%
Latham
58%
Cadwalader
13%
White & Case
17%

Total votes: 24

Anonymous User

Latham, Cahill, White & Case, or Cadwalader?

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:08 pm

Please help me decide... Which would you chose and why? I am not sure which practice area I would like to end up in but I am leaning more towards a career in Corporate Law. I liked everyone that I met at Latham (its 'fratty' culture really is a plus for me), White & Case, and Cadwalader (everyone seemed down to earth and nice), but Cahill's "super-interview" program really didn't leave me with a favorable impression.

Which firm would provide the best exit options/long term options/best chances at eventually making partner (longshot, I know--ideally by remaining or by lateraling)?

Edited to add White & Case. There seems to be a ton of Cahill support on the forums, any particular reasons?
Last edited by Anonymous User on Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Re: Latham, Cahill, or Cadwalader?

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:41 pm

What's the super-interview at Cahill?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:28 pm

Latham. Better reputation and it seems like a better fit for you personality wise. Really a no brainer.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:31 pm

What the above poster said and to add on, Latham's reputation will provide better exit opportunities in the long run. All are great for corporate law, but that's a big area, and Latham will provide you with a wider varieties of corporate law to explore than Cahill and a better atmosphere than Cadwalader.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:38 pm

I want to say Cadwalader, but that's just because I'm waiting for an offer from Latham. :)

Anonymous User

Re: Latham, Cahill, White & Case, or Cadwalader?

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:43 pm

Bump, edited to add White & Case

Return to “Legal Employment”