Anyone else on a post-callback waitlist with a firm?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Anyone else on a post-callback waitlist with a firm?

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:58 pm

There has been some mention of a "wailist" in individual threads, but I was hoping to hear about your guys' experience with being on hold/waitlist.

I do not yet have an offer. Obviously being on a waitlist is better than a ding, but it is hard to gauge my chances, especially ITE. I am hoping this law firm recruited students with more offers than me and that they decline. :lol:

Anonymous User

Re: Anyone else on a post-callback waitlist with a firm?

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:08 pm

I'm definitely on a waitlist for one firm, and I'm pretty sure I'm now on the waitlist for another. :roll:

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:11 pm

Not sure, but given how fast my dings have been I would guess on some kind of wait. This is truly torture for me and other people who have no offers but some hope left, it's so hard to get this out of my head ughhhhhh.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:51 pm

I am on a WL as well with a NYC firm. I have heard that specifically in this economy firms are very cautious not to over extend themselves. This means that you might be on the WL for awhile but that there may be some decent movement in it eventually

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:01 pm

I had a firm specifically tell me that I'm on a waitlist. I don't think I will be able to wait much longer though.

Return to “Legal Employment”