Should I Email the Recruiter???

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273310
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Should I Email the Recruiter???

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:33 pm

It has been over a month since the CB. Getting worried, no word yet.

I have heard of offers, heard of dings too.

Radio silence.

Should I email them?
If so, what do I say????

thanks!

User avatar
Big Shrimpin
Posts: 2468
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:35 pm

Re: Should I Email the Recruiter???

Postby Big Shrimpin » Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:40 pm

What was the time-frame you were given? TCR is phone call or email about a week or two after the expiration of that deadline. It's super-lame to have to wait so long, but these folks are busy too. I've heard of people contacting the recruiter (email) and being told to sit tight, as the firm was sorry for the delay since they have been busy, etc... I have also heard of people contacting the recruiter (email) and being extended an offer just days later.

HTH

Anonymous User
Posts: 273310
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Should I Email the Recruiter???

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:46 pm

Big Shrimpin wrote:What was the time-frame you were given? TCR is phone call or email about a week or two after the expiration of that deadline. It's super-lame to have to wait so long, but these folks are busy too. I've heard of people contacting the recruiter (email) and being told to sit tight, as the firm was sorry for the delay since they have been busy, etc... I have also heard of people contacting the recruiter (email) and being extended an offer just days later.

HTH



the time frame was "a few weeks." But its going on five weeks, which I assume is more than that. right?

User avatar
Big Shrimpin
Posts: 2468
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:35 pm

Re: Should I Email the Recruiter???

Postby Big Shrimpin » Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:50 pm

Just call/email. People do it all the time and I couldn't see how such an inquiry could get you autodinged. Since "a few weeks" could be like 3 or 4, I would just wait until Friday to call/email.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273310
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Should I Email the Recruiter???

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:10 pm

thanks. will do.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273310
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Should I Email the Recruiter???

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:30 pm

It will only get you "auto-dinged" if you are either doing it to the point of annoyance, or if you were already rejected and the letter just hasn't made its way to you yet. Avoid doing number one, and you can't control number two so don't worry about it.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273310
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Should I Email the Recruiter???

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:54 am

I have this issue now - I had a CB during the last week of September and was told it would be about a week or so. Now sitting here a couple of weeks later and just crickets. I am thinking about emailing the recruiter this week expressing continuing interest.

kukusayO
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:37 am

Re: Should I Email the Recruiter???

Postby kukusayO » Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:00 pm

I just heard back from a firm where I interviewed at A MONTH ago. I called them on Friday to see what the status was, they called me back on Monday with an offer and apologized for the delay.

Call them. It can't hurt. Definitely call them if you have an offer deadline approaching.

Anonymous Loser
Posts: 568
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:17 am

Re: Should I Email the Recruiter???

Postby Anonymous Loser » Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:25 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I have this issue now - I had a CB during the last week of September and was told it would be about a week or so. Now sitting here a couple of weeks later and just crickets. I am thinking about emailing the recruiter this week expressing continuing interest.


I hate to be the one to break it to you, but it's only October 5.

kukusayO
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:37 am

Re: Should I Email the Recruiter???

Postby kukusayO » Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:50 pm

^^LOL. My post was for OP. If it's been only a week or two, then sit tight. Calm your nerves :-)

Anonymous User
Posts: 273310
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Should I Email the Recruiter???

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:11 pm

Anyone have an opinion on calling/e-mailing a firm asking for status if you DON'T have another offer pending? Has been many weeks for me...

Anonymous User
Posts: 273310
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Should I Email the Recruiter???

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:55 am

bump. especially if you don't have another offer pending...gahhh is there any hope?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273310
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Should I Email the Recruiter???

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:10 pm

I know pretty much when my application will be reviewed by the hiring people. Anything I can do between now and then to increase my chances of being offered?




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.