Diversity Scholarships

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273380
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Diversity Scholarships

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:11 pm

Is it too late to apply, assuming I have open offers at multiple firms that have diversity scholarships.

Anonymous Abuser
Posts: 39
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:01 pm

Re: Diversity Scholarships

Postby Anonymous Abuser » Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:15 pm

Why don't you email and ask?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273380
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Diversity Scholarships

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:16 pm

I am more talking about would it be worth it to apply, assuming that technically they are still accepting applications. I don't want to waste my time if tons of people have already been awarded and the chance of getting it now is even slimmer than before.

Anonymous Abuser
Posts: 39
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:01 pm

Re: Diversity Scholarships

Postby Anonymous Abuser » Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:18 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I am more talking about would it be worth it to apply, assuming that technically they are still accepting applications. I don't want to waste my time if tons of people have already been awarded and the chance of getting it now is even slimmer than before.


If they're still accepting, it can't hurt to apply. They wouldn't accept if they wouldn't consider giving more.

User avatar
Kohinoor
Posts: 2756
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:51 pm

Re: Diversity Scholarships

Postby Kohinoor » Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:19 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Is it too late to apply, assuming I have open offers at multiple firms that have diversity scholarships.

Open offer = You're a rising 3L and can write your own ticket at the firm of your choice whenever you want? Then yes. If you're a rising 2L and you just haven't accepted an offer yet, you have the 28 day clock running down and most of those diversity scholarships don't reach a decision until November or December.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273380
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Diversity Scholarships

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:56 pm

How do you know they don't reach decision until November or December? I know people who have already received diversity scholarships - I was pretty sure they gave out the scholarships partly as incentive to get people they would have hired anyway to join the firm. Waiting until Nov/Dec makes the scholarship it worthless in that respect.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273380
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Diversity Scholarships

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:57 pm

Anonymous User wrote:How do you know they don't reach decision until November or December? I know people who have already received diversity scholarships - I was pretty sure they gave out the scholarships partly as incentive to get people they would have hired anyway to join the firm. Waiting until Nov/Dec makes the scholarship it worthless in that respect.

yeah, i'm not sure they're all like this, but it would make sense. ftr i've been offered two of these types of scholarships and both came with the offer.




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.