Cleary DC

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Cleary DC

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:07 am

Anyone have any experience with them and can tell me what they're like in terms of culture and general day-to-day pleasantness? I'm just curious to hear impressions beyond what I saw at the CB.

Moosie

Re: Cleary DC

Postby Moosie » Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:58 pm

I work at Cleary DC. I really enjoy working here. PM me if you want to discuss specifics.

Moosie

Postby Moosie » Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:27 pm

I should clarify that you won't be outting yourself -- I am an 0L working here before law school, I will have no idea who you are.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:00 pm

Moosie wrote:I should clarify that you won't be outting yourself -- I am an 0L working here before law school, I will have no idea who you are.

Could you speak about the culture of the firm generally? And the atmosphere of the office? Cleary has a rep for being "quirky"...could you elaborate on that??

Moosie

Postby Moosie » Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:06 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Moosie wrote:I should clarify that you won't be outting yourself -- I am an 0L working here before law school, I will have no idea who you are.

Could you speak about the culture of the firm generally? And the atmosphere of the office? Cleary has a rep for being "quirky"...could you elaborate on that??

Sorry, didn't see this had been posted. Obviously I can't compare Cleary to any other firm, as I've only worked here, but I find it to be a great place to work. The people here are very open and friendly. I've e-mailed a couple that I haven't ever personally worked with when I've had questions about their law schools, and everyone was very helpful. The firm seems to put a lot of emphasis on community bonding activities within the office -- they had a firm softball team over the summer and are now running a wellness competition with another firm in the area and have "teams" within the office.

You can be serious about your work without being 100% serious all the time, and I think Cleary manages I good balance there. I'd rather not say much more, since I think there are only a few 0Ls here and I don't want to out myself, but please do PM me if you want to ask about specifics.

Return to “Legal Employment”