Letter requesting status of Application Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Letter requesting status of Application

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:34 pm

I haven't heard from a firm where I had a callback interview for a while now and they told me to contact them to check up on the status if I didn't hear back from them after a specified amount of time had lapsed (two weeks). Are there any general guidelines for such letters?

Kohinoor

Gold

Re: Letter requesting status of Application

Post by Kohinoor » Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:35 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I haven't heard from a firm where I had a callback interview for a while now and they told me to contact them to check up on the status if I didn't hear back from them after a specified amount of time had lapsed (two weeks). Are there any general guidelines for such letters?
letter? phone call to HR brofessor.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:38 pm

Kohinoor wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I haven't heard from a firm where I had a callback interview for a while now and they told me to contact them to check up on the status if I didn't hear back from them after a specified amount of time had lapsed (two weeks). Are there any general guidelines for such letters?
E-mail is not appropriate?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:39 pm

I emailed the recruiter instead of calling. Figured it would be less annoying for the recruiter.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:41 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I emailed the recruiter instead of calling. Figured it would be less annoying for the recruiter.
Yea I figured. I don't want to pester them. They can answer it when they deem it convenient. So what are the guidelines for such inquiries, if any?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Kohinoor

Gold

Post by Kohinoor » Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:42 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Kohinoor wrote:
E-mail is not appropriate?
Longer response time ime. I'll be super shocked if you hear back before Monday.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:53 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I emailed the recruiter instead of calling. Figured it would be less annoying for the recruiter.
Yea I figured. I don't want to pester them. They can answer it when they deem it convenient. So what are the guidelines for such inquiries, if any?
I just kept it short and professional by saying I'm writing to "inquire the status of my candidacy." I got a response within 5 hours (it was a weekday though).

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:59 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
I just kept it short and professional by saying I'm writing to "inquire the status of my candidacy." I got a response within 5 hours (it was a weekday though).
Should I also indicate when I had my call back interview and reiterate my interest in the firm?

shmoo597

Bronze

Post by shmoo597 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:26 pm

These threads crack me up. We have a bunch of smart t14 law students, and they can't figure out how to write an email? Christ.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”