Lowenstein Sandler

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273481
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Lowenstein Sandler

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:49 pm

Anyone interview there? Any info on the firm and discussion of cb's, offers, rejections etc.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273481
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Lowenstein Sandler

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:50 pm

Know of a callback/offer.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273481
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Lowenstein Sandler

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:52 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Know of a callback/offer.


Do you know how long ago the cb took place and time between the cb and offer?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273481
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Lowenstein Sandler

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:08 pm

Offer and callback here too. PM for specifics.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273481
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Lowenstein Sandler

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:08 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Know of a callback/offer.


Do you know how long ago the cb took place and time between the cb and offer?


Was within a week, for the person I know who got one. Can't give much more detail than that, though.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273481
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Lowenstein Sandler

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:13 pm

They've done offers. I don't know if they're done, but they've definitely gone out.

I worked there last summer, so feel free to ask any questions. Great firm.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273481
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Lowenstein Sandler

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:22 pm

Anonymous User wrote:They've done offers. I don't know if they're done, but they've definitely gone out.

I worked there last summer, so feel free to ask any questions. Great firm.


Do you know how long it takes for them to give an offer after a CB and any insight into cb/offer ratio?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273481
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Lowenstein Sandler

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:24 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:They've done offers. I don't know if they're done, but they've definitely gone out.

I worked there last summer, so feel free to ask any questions. Great firm.


Do you know how long it takes for them to give an offer after a CB and any insight into cb/offer ratio?


Unfortunately, I don't know that.

I do know they look for personality (see: be yourself) and fit more than anything else, particularly if you interviewed with Ray.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273481
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Lowenstein Sandler

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:32 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:They've done offers. I don't know if they're done, but they've definitely gone out.

I worked there last summer, so feel free to ask any questions. Great firm.


Do you know how long it takes for them to give an offer after a CB and any insight into cb/offer ratio?


Unfortunately, I don't know that.

I do know they look for personality (see: be yourself) and fit more than anything else, particularly if you interviewed with Ray.


Congrats on working their last summer. Do you have an offer for this year, and do you know the stats of people they typically hire. Essentially what would it take to get into the firm.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273481
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Lowenstein Sandler

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:46 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:They've done offers. I don't know if they're done, but they've definitely gone out.

I worked there last summer, so feel free to ask any questions. Great firm.


Do you know how long it takes for them to give an offer after a CB and any insight into cb/offer ratio?


Unfortunately, I don't know that.

I do know they look for personality (see: be yourself) and fit more than anything else, particularly if you interviewed with Ray.


Congrats on working their last summer. Do you have an offer for this year, and do you know the stats of people they typically hire. Essentially what would it take to get into the firm.


Yes, I have an offer to come back. Strongly considering it (even with offers on the table from V20 firms). It's a great place. You're not going to find a nicer group of people in a big firm. I guarantee it.

Last year's summer class had Rutgers, a few U Chicago, NYU, and 3 or 4 HLS. I know they'd love to get some more HYSCCN. This year, from what I've heard, they've made offers to some HLS, GWU, Georgetown, NYU.

They're not vault so they have a bit more trouble getting their names out to students. So really, I think if you show genuine interest and enthusiasm you have a good shot. They're hardly ever "overbid," unfortunately, as it's an example of a firm that a lot of people struggling ITE could have had a shot at.

As I said before, they look for fit more than anything, including probably grades.

FWIW, Ted Wells, the famous white collar defense attorney and head of Paul Weiss' litigation department got his start at Lowenstein, and they still do quite a bit of work together.

They've just recently opened a New York office, and SAs have the opportunity to work over there.

Hours are pretty comparable to big law, from what I can tell, but facetime doesn't seem to be a huge deal. I had a long commute and they were very understanding if I left around 3:30 to beat the traffic (granted, I'd get in at 730 or 8).

Anonymous User
Posts: 273481
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Lowenstein Sandler

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:26 am

any more news?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273481
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Lowenstein Sandler

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:30 am

Anonymous User wrote:any more news?


sent u a private message

Anonymous User
Posts: 273481
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Lowenstein Sandler

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:48 am

didn't get it.

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:any more news?


sent u a private message

Anonymous User
Posts: 273481
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Lowenstein Sandler

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:42 pm

Anonymous User wrote:didn't get it.

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:any more news?


sent u a private message


What are your stats? How long ago did you have your cb?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273481
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Lowenstein Sandler

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:10 am

Bump anyone hear anything?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273481
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Lowenstein Sandler

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:29 pm

3 weeks post-CB. Still waiting to hear.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273481
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Lowenstein Sandler

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:37 pm

Stats?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273481
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Lowenstein Sandler

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:38 pm

They've also made offers to 2 NU students.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273481
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Lowenstein Sandler

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:44 pm

Anonymous User wrote:They've also made offers to 2 NU students.


Any info on whether those NU students will accept?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273481
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Lowenstein Sandler

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:26 am

.




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.