Anonymous User wrote:Anonymous User wrote:Anonymous User wrote:The partner departures are one thing, but the NY IP group is still handling a rather impressive array of high profile IP cases. I'm sad you didn't do your research.
Oh I did a ton of research, in addition to considering Desmarais LLP, where I strangely learned a whole lot more about Kirkland NY than my callback at Kirkland NY. Doing research into IP cases was my full-time job over the last few months, and Kirkland NY came up way short relative to my other options (including Weil Redwood Shores, Irell LA, and Covington DC)
You just don't sound very smart. I'll tell you why:
1) You're bashing the IP group when OP has expressed interest in litigation, not IP.
2) You're extrapolating from the caliber of the IP group that the entire office is somehow not good, especially in litigation.
3) Since I actually have seen the cases going through KE's IP roster, it's pretty definitive that it's fine.
But you can feel proud of yourself.
1) IP is the biggest presence in Kirkland's firmwide litigation, I also said *IF* OP is IP, stay away from Kirkland, my advice was expressly restricted to if he's interested in any way in IP.
2) Kirkland is band 2 for litigation in NY, along with Weil, these aren't the elite NY names
3) good for you, you were clearly not exposed to some of the work that Weil-Redwood shores or Ropes-NY does.