Longest wait for offer, rejection, post callback

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
User avatar
IAFG
Posts: 6665
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:26 pm

Re: Longest wait for offer, rejection, post callback

Postby IAFG » Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:05 pm

Anonymous User wrote:This is a good question...
I've waited for 4 weeks now, but the firm did send a snail mail and said that they haven't made a final decision. I think that means "you're our sloppy second - will call if the all star doesn't accept." lol

Prolly not a great way to communicate. I know a lot of people who see a snail mail response, assume ding and toss it unread.

User avatar
soccerfreak
Posts: 407
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:57 am

Re: Longest wait for offer, rejection, post callback

Postby soccerfreak » Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:08 pm

LawSchoolWannaBe wrote:Still haven't heard from a CB I did in early August 2009.

Almost missed this.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Longest wait for offer, rejection, post callback

Postby r6_philly » Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:32 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Waiting nearly 5 weeks now, no word. Who else has been waiting for quite some time? How long? And who has received an offer after a long wait? Thanks


My first CB was about 5 weeks ago. Still pending. I wouldn't call it "waiting" anymore lol

NC1
Posts: 91
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:36 pm

Re: Longest wait for offer, rejection, post callback

Postby NC1 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:34 pm

I have a place where I haven't heard anything from and it's been 3 weeks now.

paulinaporizkova
Posts: 2494
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:25 pm

Re: Longest wait for offer, rejection, post callback

Postby paulinaporizkova » Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:14 pm

IAFG wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:This is a good question...
I've waited for 4 weeks now, but the firm did send a snail mail and said that they haven't made a final decision. I think that means "you're our sloppy second - will call if the all star doesn't accept." lol

Prolly not a great way to communicate. I know a lot of people who see a snail mail response, assume ding and toss it unread.

I got a snail mail callback date and time confirmation letter yesterday. It was real weird

User avatar
IAFG
Posts: 6665
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:26 pm

Re: Longest wait for offer, rejection, post callback

Postby IAFG » Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:18 pm

paulinaporizkova wrote:
IAFG wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:This is a good question...
I've waited for 4 weeks now, but the firm did send a snail mail and said that they haven't made a final decision. I think that means "you're our sloppy second - will call if the all star doesn't accept." lol

Prolly not a great way to communicate. I know a lot of people who see a snail mail response, assume ding and toss it unread.

I got a snail mail callback date and time confirmation letter yesterday. It was real weird

I got a CB invitation by snail mail from the firm I ended up summering at. Glad I read through it, but dang, there are better ways.

User avatar
plenipotentiary
Posts: 616
Joined: Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:13 pm

Re: Longest wait for offer, rejection, post callback

Postby plenipotentiary » Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:37 am

IAFG wrote:
paulinaporizkova wrote:
IAFG wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:This is a good question...
I've waited for 4 weeks now, but the firm did send a snail mail and said that they haven't made a final decision. I think that means "you're our sloppy second - will call if the all star doesn't accept." lol

Prolly not a great way to communicate. I know a lot of people who see a snail mail response, assume ding and toss it unread.

I got a snail mail callback date and time confirmation letter yesterday. It was real weird

I got a CB invitation by snail mail from the firm I ended up summering at. Glad I read through it, but dang, there are better ways.


For real. It's called a callback, not a letterback.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273240
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Longest wait for offer, rejection, post callback

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:04 am

it's been three weeks. i called last week, they said they were still making decisions and i should get more info this week.

so far this week: nothing. if i'm not rejected by next week, i'm calling again.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273240
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Longest wait for offer, rejection, post callback

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:54 am

What firm did snail mail callbacks?

User avatar
jessuf
Posts: 12525
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:27 pm

Re: Longest wait for offer, rejection, post callback

Postby jessuf » Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:28 pm

Two CBs I did in mid-July have not yet gotten back to me. I sent them an e-mail mid-August with an updated resume and expressing continue interest, but neither responded.

A smaller office in DC I just did a CB with said the recruiting committee only meets once a month, so it seems like I have more long waits, yay. Another smaller office in DC said they don't even start CBs until end of Sept.

I'm hoping the NYC ones get back a bit faster. :?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273240
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Longest wait for offer, rejection, post callback

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:12 pm

I waited 8 weeks for a rejection in the mail as a 2L.
Had a CB as a 3L in August before my 3L year. Did not get offer until January...so 5 months of waiting for an affirmative.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273240
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Longest wait for offer, rejection, post callback

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:08 pm

I don't compare to anyone in this thread, but going through a full week with silence when almost every CB you have was the prior week feels pretty terrible right about now.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273240
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Longest wait for offer, rejection, post callback

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:55 pm

It's officially been a month since 3 screeners I have yet to hear from. Others in my school have done CBs or gotten dings already. Is it even worth it to email my interviewers to say I'm still very interested? I also have an offer expiring in 2.5 weeks...should I bring that up? I know they're 99% dings anyway, but would I just seem stupid to ask?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273240
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Longest wait for offer, rejection, post callback

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:20 pm

Anonymous User wrote:It's officially been a month since 3 screeners I have yet to hear from. Others in my school have done CBs or gotten dings already. Is it even worth it to email my interviewers to say I'm still very interested? I also have an offer expiring in 2.5 weeks...should I bring that up? I know they're 99% dings anyway, but would I just seem stupid to ask?


It may seem stupid, but why would you care? Some anonymous recruiter you'll never see again thinks you're silly for like a minute... who cares? I would definitely email, especially if you are more interested in those firms than in the offer you already have.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273240
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Longest wait for offer, rejection, post callback

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:32 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:It's officially been a month since 3 screeners I have yet to hear from. Others in my school have done CBs or gotten dings already. Is it even worth it to email my interviewers to say I'm still very interested? I also have an offer expiring in 2.5 weeks...should I bring that up? I know they're 99% dings anyway, but would I just seem stupid to ask?


It may seem stupid, but why would you care? Some anonymous recruiter you'll never see again thinks you're silly for like a minute... who cares? I would definitely email, especially if you are more interested in those firms than in the offer you already have.


Keep in mind though, it sounds like they don't really want you so you might not get good news.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273240
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Longest wait for offer, rejection, post callback

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:35 pm

Do most big NY firms usually get back to you within a week if they really want you? It's been over a week for me for the most part, but on the other hand none of my firms' TLS callback threads have offers for people from my interview timeframe. Just wonder if people are keeping quiet about their offers, or if there really is no reason to freak out yet.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273240
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Longest wait for offer, rejection, post callback

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:40 pm

Offer at a NY V10 3.5 weeks after the callback...

Anonymous User
Posts: 273240
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Longest wait for offer, rejection, post callback

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:43 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Do most big NY firms usually get back to you within a week if they really want you? It's been over a week for me for the most part, but on the other hand none of my firms' TLS callback threads have offers for people from my interview timeframe. Just wonder if people are keeping quiet about their offers, or if there really is no reason to freak out yet.


I think it's common for the top tier candidates to get offered fast (maybe 2-3 days later) and then more middle of the road candidates to get offered as the top tiers choose not to accept.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273240
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Longest wait for offer, rejection, post callback

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:05 pm

Right there with you. Mid July, no rejection / offer but emails that I am 'still under evaluation'.

letsdoit
Posts: 164
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:02 pm

Re: Longest wait for offer, rejection, post callback

Postby letsdoit » Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:13 pm

got an offer 5 weeks after the callback from a midwestern biglaw firm.

Bruin57
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:59 pm

Re: Longest wait for offer, rejection, post callback

Postby Bruin57 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:07 pm

A little over 5 weeks after callback I received an offer. Also got a callback this week after waiting 7 weeks from my screener during oci. Some firms just take their time.

User avatar
ilovesf
Posts: 11755
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:20 pm

Re: Longest wait for offer, rejection, post callback

Postby ilovesf » Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:09 pm

For those of you that waited 3-5 weeks, did you send any e-mails saying you were still interested, or did you just hold tight in silence?

Bruin57
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:59 pm

Re: Longest wait for offer, rejection, post callback

Postby Bruin57 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:56 pm

[quote="ilovesf"]For those of you that waited 3-5 weeks, did you send any e-mails saying you were still interested, or did you just hold tight in silence?[/

I didn't email them. I didn't send a thank you note or thank you email after the callback either.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273240
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Longest wait for offer, rejection, post callback

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:56 pm

For everyone who's waited 3+ weeks, did you receive an approximate window for hearing back after your CB, or was it a "you'll hear back soon"?

User avatar
Lasers
Posts: 1576
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:46 pm

Re: Longest wait for offer, rejection, post callback

Postby Lasers » Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:19 pm

called after two weeks; got an email update about 1.5 weeks after my call. did get a timeline of 1-2 weeks from that email update.

it's been five weeks since CB. still waiting.




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.