Longest wait for offer, rejection, post callback Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
IAFG

Platinum

Re: Longest wait for offer, rejection, post callback

Post by IAFG » Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:05 pm

Anonymous User wrote:This is a good question...
I've waited for 4 weeks now, but the firm did send a snail mail and said that they haven't made a final decision. I think that means "you're our sloppy second - will call if the all star doesn't accept." lol
Prolly not a great way to communicate. I know a lot of people who see a snail mail response, assume ding and toss it unread.

soccerfreak

Bronze

Post by soccerfreak » Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:08 pm

LawSchoolWannaBe wrote:Still haven't heard from a CB I did in early August 2009.
Almost missed this.

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:32 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Waiting nearly 5 weeks now, no word. Who else has been waiting for quite some time? How long? And who has received an offer after a long wait? Thanks
My first CB was about 5 weeks ago. Still pending. I wouldn't call it "waiting" anymore lol

NC1

New

Post by NC1 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:34 pm

I have a place where I haven't heard anything from and it's been 3 weeks now.

paulinaporizkova

Gold

Post by paulinaporizkova » Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:14 pm

IAFG wrote:
I've waited for 4 weeks now, but the firm did send a snail mail and said that they haven't made a final decision. I think that means "you're our sloppy second - will call if the all star doesn't accept." lol
Prolly not a great way to communicate. I know a lot of people who see a snail mail response, assume ding and toss it unread.
I got a snail mail callback date and time confirmation letter yesterday. It was real weird

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

IAFG

Platinum

Post by IAFG » Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:18 pm

paulinaporizkova wrote:
IAFG wrote:
I got a snail mail callback date and time confirmation letter yesterday. It was real weird
I got a CB invitation by snail mail from the firm I ended up summering at. Glad I read through it, but dang, there are better ways.

plenipotentiary

Silver

Post by plenipotentiary » Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:37 am

IAFG wrote:
paulinaporizkova wrote:
IAFG wrote:
I got a CB invitation by snail mail from the firm I ended up summering at. Glad I read through it, but dang, there are better ways.
For real. It's called a callback, not a letterback.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:04 am

it's been three weeks. i called last week, they said they were still making decisions and i should get more info this week.

so far this week: nothing. if i'm not rejected by next week, i'm calling again.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:54 am

What firm did snail mail callbacks?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

jess

Post by jess » Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:28 pm

Last edited by jess on Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:12 pm

I waited 8 weeks for a rejection in the mail as a 2L.
Had a CB as a 3L in August before my 3L year. Did not get offer until January...so 5 months of waiting for an affirmative.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:08 pm

I don't compare to anyone in this thread, but going through a full week with silence when almost every CB you have was the prior week feels pretty terrible right about now.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:55 pm

It's officially been a month since 3 screeners I have yet to hear from. Others in my school have done CBs or gotten dings already. Is it even worth it to email my interviewers to say I'm still very interested? I also have an offer expiring in 2.5 weeks...should I bring that up? I know they're 99% dings anyway, but would I just seem stupid to ask?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:20 pm

Anonymous User wrote:It's officially been a month since 3 screeners I have yet to hear from. Others in my school have done CBs or gotten dings already. Is it even worth it to email my interviewers to say I'm still very interested? I also have an offer expiring in 2.5 weeks...should I bring that up? I know they're 99% dings anyway, but would I just seem stupid to ask?
It may seem stupid, but why would you care? Some anonymous recruiter you'll never see again thinks you're silly for like a minute... who cares? I would definitely email, especially if you are more interested in those firms than in the offer you already have.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:32 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:It's officially been a month since 3 screeners I have yet to hear from. Others in my school have done CBs or gotten dings already. Is it even worth it to email my interviewers to say I'm still very interested? I also have an offer expiring in 2.5 weeks...should I bring that up? I know they're 99% dings anyway, but would I just seem stupid to ask?
It may seem stupid, but why would you care? Some anonymous recruiter you'll never see again thinks you're silly for like a minute... who cares? I would definitely email, especially if you are more interested in those firms than in the offer you already have.
Keep in mind though, it sounds like they don't really want you so you might not get good news.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:35 pm

Do most big NY firms usually get back to you within a week if they really want you? It's been over a week for me for the most part, but on the other hand none of my firms' TLS callback threads have offers for people from my interview timeframe. Just wonder if people are keeping quiet about their offers, or if there really is no reason to freak out yet.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:40 pm

Offer at a NY V10 3.5 weeks after the callback...

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:43 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Do most big NY firms usually get back to you within a week if they really want you? It's been over a week for me for the most part, but on the other hand none of my firms' TLS callback threads have offers for people from my interview timeframe. Just wonder if people are keeping quiet about their offers, or if there really is no reason to freak out yet.
I think it's common for the top tier candidates to get offered fast (maybe 2-3 days later) and then more middle of the road candidates to get offered as the top tiers choose not to accept.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:05 pm

Right there with you. Mid July, no rejection / offer but emails that I am 'still under evaluation'.

letsdoit

Bronze

Post by letsdoit » Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:13 pm

got an offer 5 weeks after the callback from a midwestern biglaw firm.

Bruin57

New

Post by Bruin57 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:07 pm

A little over 5 weeks after callback I received an offer. Also got a callback this week after waiting 7 weeks from my screener during oci. Some firms just take their time.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

ilovesf

Diamond

Post by ilovesf » Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:09 pm

For those of you that waited 3-5 weeks, did you send any e-mails saying you were still interested, or did you just hold tight in silence?

Bruin57

New

Post by Bruin57 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:56 pm

[quote="ilovesf"]For those of you that waited 3-5 weeks, did you send any e-mails saying you were still interested, or did you just hold tight in silence?[/

I didn't email them. I didn't send a thank you note or thank you email after the callback either.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:56 pm

For everyone who's waited 3+ weeks, did you receive an approximate window for hearing back after your CB, or was it a "you'll hear back soon"?

Lasers

Gold

Post by Lasers » Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:19 pm

called after two weeks; got an email update about 1.5 weeks after my call. did get a timeline of 1-2 weeks from that email update.

it's been five weeks since CB. still waiting.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”