told to contact firm after callback

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

told to contact firm after callback

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:39 pm

I had a callback with a mid-size DC firm on 9/10. The firm said that they would be meeting applicants until 9/17, and would be making a decision the following week. This Monday, I called the recruiting director to inform her that I had an expiring offer, but I was still extremely interested in the firm and did not want to make any decisions until I heard back from them. She told me that I should have a decision by Wednesday, and if not that I should call her.

CSO tells me that I should call today (Thursday). I don't want to irritate the firm by calling them twice in a week. Just wanted to see what the response was/whether it is reasonable to call.

westbayguy

Re: told to contact firm after callback

Postby westbayguy » Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:42 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I had a callback with a mid-size DC firm on 9/10. The firm said that they would be meeting applicants until 9/17, and would be making a decision the following week. This Monday, I called the recruiting director to inform her that I had an expiring offer, but I was still extremely interested in the firm and did not want to make any decisions until I heard back from them. She told me that I should have a decision by Wednesday, and if not that I should call her.
CSO tells me that I should call today (Thursday). I don't want to irritate the firm by calling them twice in a week. Just wanted to see what the response was/whether it is reasonable to call.

Just follow the damn instructions

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:22 pm

Probably fine to call again, especially since the recruiter said it was ok. Mind saying what firm? Was it a financial services firm because I had a similar experience.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:30 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Probably fine to call again, especially since the recruiter said it was ok. Mind saying what firm? Was it a financial services firm because I had a similar experience.

Is the firm you're talking about one that is HQ'ed in Philly?

gulcregret

Postby gulcregret » Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:46 pm

Nope, not the same place. Funny how the dates and process are so similar though. But honestly it should be fine to call if the recruiter is already expecting it. I did this and there was no awkwardness; if anything it shows continued interest as long as you are not too pushy; just be brief on the phone.

Return to “Legal Employment”