Decision day: Skadden vs. Paul Weiss vs. S&C

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Decision day: Skadden vs. Paul Weiss vs. S&C

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:28 am

I want to do litigation, pro bono is somewhat important, location doesn't matter too much, would call myself a nerd before I would call myself a jock. Planning to stay in NYC for at least 5 years but probably not much longer. Any advice would be great!

NYMidLevel

Re: Decision day: Skadden vs. Paul Weiss vs. S&C

Postby NYMidLevel » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:58 am

Anonymous User wrote:I want to do litigation, pro bono is somewhat important, location doesn't matter too much, would call myself a nerd before I would call myself a jock. Planning to stay in NYC for at least 5 years but probably not much longer. Any advice would be great!

If you're definitely lit, definitely Paul Weiss. If you're even a little unsure, S&C.

gibby

Postby gibby » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:13 am

Skadden, Paul Weiss, or Sullivan? That's all you got? Get your act together fella.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:33 pm

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:49 pm

I actually face a similar choice. Found the people at S&C to be ok, but had a better time at my Skadden CB. Had a blast at their offer dinner and really liked the people. Leaning white collar. Reasonable to take Skadden over S&C?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:32 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I actually face a similar choice. Found the people at S&C to be ok, but had a better time at my Skadden CB. Had a blast at their offer dinner and really liked the people. Leaning white collar. Reasonable to take Skadden over S&C?

go with your gut. I have the same choices and the firms see each other as peers and so do practicing attorneys. Skadden has Steven Glaser who is a great human being and will really fight for you if you want to pursue USAO. He was there for 7 years and I'm sure has great ties to the people in charge of hiring.

Return to “Legal Employment”