Midwest State AG --> BigLaw

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Midwest State AG --> BigLaw

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:27 pm

Is it possible?

EDIT: This question assumes work at a state Attorney General's office for 1-3 years in the civil or criminal division, and moving to lower V100 or NLJ 250.

Anonymous User

Re: Midwest State AG --> BigLaw

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:52 am

no

Veyron

Postby Veyron » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:57 am

Anonymous User wrote:Is it possible?

EDIT: This question assumes work at a state Attorney General's office for 1-3 years in the civil or criminal division, and moving to lower V100 or NLJ 250.

Yes, if you are moving into a white collar crim practice in your state.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:47 pm

OP here. What if I do strictly business transactions (negotiating Ks, business litigation, etc.)? Still confined to a life of CrimLaw?

Veyron

Postby Veyron » Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:45 pm

Anonymous User wrote:OP here. What if I do strictly business transactions (negotiating Ks, business litigation, etc.)? Still confined to a life of CrimLaw?

The AG related ppl I've talked to have pretty much said that the people who make the jump are mostly crim. No idea if what you want to do is possible but I bet that it makes achieving any type biglaw, even white collar very difficult unless you achieve high rank.

Return to “Legal Employment”