Shearman v. Polsinelli Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Shearman v. Polsinelli

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:10 pm

Hey everyone,

I'm originally from the midwest, but I went to Fordham for LS. I was lucky enough to get a SA offer from Shearman in NY, as well as an offer from one of the big midwest firms. I don't know that much about firm life, but I've heard that big NY associates have a pretty stressful life, and that most don't make partner. However, in the midwest firm, I have a feeling I could make partner and the money would be pretty good for the midwest.

What are your opinions? If a NY firm associate doesn't make partner, what do they do?

Anonymous User

Re: Shearman v. Polsinelli

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:12 pm

Do not go to Polsinelli. They remain a second-tier firm in their primary markets (KC and St. Louis). I worked at a firm in St. Louis and Polsinello and Stinson bore the brunt of a lot of bad jokes.

zuluwarriors

New

Re: Shearman v. Polsinelli

Post by zuluwarriors » Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:35 pm

OP - PM me. I am very familiar with Polsinelli.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”