NYC entry salary after taxes Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: NYC entry salary after taxes

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:22 pm

JennBNYC wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Actually, I do it every day, so yes, I can.
--LinkRemoved--
The entire ride is 14 minutes (Hoboken all the way to 33rd). This schedule says 8 minutes, but I've definitely timed it at 6 (train speed varies based on various conditions). Sorry I wrote 5 instead of 6 :roll:

Way to be a smart ass just for the sake of it.
I do it every day too. It's most definitely not five minutes (or six, since apparently I have to make that explicit for you).
Now I know why you're anonymous. Yes, it definitely is. The schedule even says 8. You're really going to squabble over 2 or 3 minutes? I'm sure you're being an ass just to get a rise out of people, and I'm sorry your life isthat sad. I was just trying to lend some suggestions. Lighten up, buddy.
Not going to squabble over 2-3 minutes. I time it at 15 minutes. Harold Square is 20-25.

MrKappus

Gold

Post by MrKappus » Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:25 pm

op-ti wrote:You would think the people commute EVERY freakin day would know better than jerks who think they know/run the entire NEW YORK state. :evil:
And yet this thread shows they don't. And that they exaggerate. Also, just b/c walking to subways and to the office are "constants," doesn't mean you get to label your Westchester-Grand Central commute "20 minutes."

JennBNYC

Bronze

Post by JennBNYC » Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:25 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
JennBNYC wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Actually, I do it every day, so yes, I can.
--LinkRemoved--
The entire ride is 14 minutes (Hoboken all the way to 33rd). This schedule says 8 minutes, but I've definitely timed it at 6 (train speed varies based on various conditions). Sorry I wrote 5 instead of 6 :roll:

Way to be a smart ass just for the sake of it.
I do it every day too. It's most definitely not five minutes (or six, since apparently I have to make that explicit for you).
Now I know why you're anonymous. Yes, it definitely is. The schedule even says 8. You're really going to squabble over 2 or 3 minutes? I'm sure you're being an ass just to get a rise out of people, and I'm sorry your life isthat sad. I was just trying to lend some suggestions. Lighten up, buddy.
Not going to squabble over 2-3 minutes. I time it at 15 minutes. Harold Square is 20-25.
There is ABSOLUTELY NO WAY Hoboken to Christopher Street alone is 15 minutes. Not a chance. I've never had it take that long in over two years unless there was some huge delay because a train was stuck in the tunnel or something random like that.

op-ti

Bronze

Post by op-ti » Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:26 pm

MrKappus wrote:
op-ti wrote:You would think the people commute EVERY freakin day would know better than jerks who think they know/run the entire NEW YORK state. :evil:
And yet this thread shows they don't. And that they exaggerate. Also, just b/c walking to subways and to the office are "constants," doesn't mean you get to label your Westchester-Grand Central commute "20 minutes."
IT is for me...deal with!

AND if I dont get to label my OWN commute...who does?

Get a life! :roll:
Last edited by op-ti on Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JennBNYC

Bronze

Post by JennBNYC » Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:26 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Harold Square is 20-25.
Maybe Harold Square is 20-25, but Herald Square is 14 :wink:

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:28 pm

JennBNYC wrote:There is ABSOLUTELY NO WAY Hoboken to Christopher Street alone is 15 minutes. Not a chance. I've never had it take that long in over two years unless there was some huge delay because a train was stuck in the tunnel or something random like that.
You mean like how the Path has a tendency to stop in the middle of the tunnel every day for no apparent reason?

MrKappus

Gold

Post by MrKappus » Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:31 pm

op-ti wrote:
MrKappus wrote:

You win. You're door-to-door commute from your Westchester home to your Midtown office is 20 minutes. Fine.

* goes off and procures a life *

paratactical

Platinum

Post by paratactical » Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:32 pm

For the record, living in NJ is TTT. Arguing about getting out of NJ is only worse. Everyone else wishes you would just stay in NJ.

Also, living in Westchester is for losers.
Last edited by paratactical on Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JennBNYC

Bronze

Post by JennBNYC » Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:32 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
JennBNYC wrote:There is ABSOLUTELY NO WAY Hoboken to Christopher Street alone is 15 minutes. Not a chance. I've never had it take that long in over two years unless there was some huge delay because a train was stuck in the tunnel or something random like that.
You mean like how the Path has a tendency to stop in the middle of the tunnel every day for no apparent reason?
It may pause before it descends down the tunnel, but stopping and sitting there is not common. Like I said, it regularly is about 6 minutes to get to Christopher during rush hours.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:33 pm

Last edited by Anonymous User on Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vanwinkle

Platinum

Post by vanwinkle » Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:34 pm

Stop anonymously arguing about subway speed or scheduling. That's not the kind of thing that requires anonymity.

JennBNYC

Bronze

Post by JennBNYC » Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:34 pm

paratactical wrote:For the record, living in NJ is TTT. Arguing about getting out of NJ is only worse. Everyone else wishes you would just stay in NJ.

Gotta love internet message boards. :roll:

JennBNYC

Bronze

Post by JennBNYC » Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:35 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
paratactical wrote:For the record, living in NJ is TTT. Arguing about getting out of NJ is only worse. Everyone else wishes you would just stay in NJ.

Yes, paying NY city and state taxes is so prestigious...
Wow...I can't believe it. I agree with you.... :D

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

op-ti

Bronze

Post by op-ti » Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:37 pm

JennBNYC wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Yes, paying NY city and state taxes is so prestigious...
Wow...I can't believe it. I agree with you.... :D

Me too :mrgreen:

paratactical

Platinum

Post by paratactical » Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:41 pm

JennBNYC wrote:

Yeah. I love when people use the names of cities they don't even live in as their usernames.

let/them/eat/cake

Silver

Post by let/them/eat/cake » Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:42 pm

paratactical wrote:
JennBNYC wrote:

Yeah. I love when people use the names of cities they don't even live in as their usernames.
lulzy.

MrKappus

Gold

Post by MrKappus » Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:43 pm

paratactical wrote:Yeah. I love when people use the names of cities they don't even live in as their usernames.
Well played, sir. I say well played.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

JennBNYC

Bronze

Post by JennBNYC » Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:43 pm

paratactical wrote:
JennBNYC wrote:

Oooo good one. Ya got me!

Seriously? I spent a good chunk of my childhood in NYC and have worked here for 3 years. I spend more waking hours in NYC than Hoboken. I live in Hoboken, doesn't mean I can't love NYC.

Why don't you go attack everyone who has a sports team in their name. Bet they haven't played for it! Go get 'em!

paratactical

Platinum

Post by paratactical » Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:46 pm

JennBNYC wrote:

Seriously? I spent a good chunk of my childhood in NYC and have worked here for 3 years. I spend more waking hours in NYC than Hoboken. I live in Hoboken, doesn't mean I can't love NYC.

Why don't you go attack everyone who has a sports team in their name. Bet they haven't played for it! Go get 'em!
If you're always in NYC, where did you find all the sand to stuff in your vagina?

Also, why are people taking me seriously?

JennBNYC

Bronze

Post by JennBNYC » Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:47 pm

paratactical wrote:
JennBNYC wrote:

If you're always in NYC, where did you find all the sand to stuff in your vagina?

Sorry, I don't TLS stalk you. Don't know your sense of "humor."

let/them/eat/cake

Silver

Post by let/them/eat/cake » Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:48 pm

paratactical wrote:
JennBNYC wrote:

getting weird looks in the carrels for laughing out loud at that one. nice. this is, btw, the third time i've clicked on this thread on the home page forgetting that it's the same thread discussing locations to live around Manhattan. Derail for the ages.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

paratactical

Platinum

Post by paratactical » Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:50 pm

let/them/eat/cake wrote:
getting weird looks in the carrels for laughing out loud at that one. nice. this is, btw, the third time i've clicked on this thread on the home page forgetting that it's the same thread discussing locations to live around Manhattan. Derail for the ages.
INORITE?

martha_c

New

Post by martha_c » Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:52 pm

op-ti wrote:
Strongly dislike "I know it all" type of people :roll:
Lol, what you hate is when it gets pointed out in public that your claims are exaggerated and the facts you mention are distorted.

But like the other guy says, fine. You have the world's sole magical Westchester-Midtown commute that only takes 20 mins. This is so because you live at the station, never have to wait for a train on the platform, never get on a train and have it be delayed, never lose any time transferring between the subway and whatever conveyance takes you from harlem to westchester, etc etc.

The other mere mortals who aren't so lucky take an hour from Westchester to Midtown, if they're lucky.

op-ti

Bronze

Post by op-ti » Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:56 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Lol, what you hate is when it gets pointed out in public that your claims are exaggerated and the facts you mention are distorted.

But like the other guy says, fine. You have the world's sole magical Westchester-Midtown commute that only takes 20 mins. This is so because you live at the station, never have to wait for a train on the platform, never get on a train and have it be delayed, never lose any time transferring between the subway and whatever conveyance takes you from harlem to westchester, etc etc.

The other mere mortals who aren't so lucky take an hour from Westchester to Midtown, if they're lucky.
Firstly:
vanwinkle wrote:Stop anonymously arguing about subway speed or scheduling. That's not the kind of thing that requires anonymity.

Secondly:

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:56 pm

op-ti wrote:
MrKappus wrote:

I actually commute from Buffalo to Midtown, and it only takes about an hour.

Oh wait, I have to count the time it takes to get to and from the airport? Damn

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Legal Employment”