Knobbe Discussion

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Knobbe Discussion

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:44 pm

Hi everyone,

I was hoping anyone with relevant info could post their thoughts on Knobbe Martens, specifically the Orange County office in Irvine, CA. I am considering them along with another smaller patent shop and would love to hear what people thought of them. Thanks for the help.

Also, if you have any info on the area, where to live for the summer, etc... that would be great as well as I am not very familiar with the area (somewhat close to the beach would be great).

Best Regards

Anonymous User

Re: Knobbe Discussion

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:01 pm

I had an awesome CB with them, but was just recently rejected (from the east coast, no ties, etc...). It seems like a great working environment, and there are definitely some pluses to the 5-year partner track. The firm seems to be doing well despite the downturn, too. GL on your decision, and I wish I was in the same boat!

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:20 pm

I remember that their partnership tract is being increased to 6 yrs. With the amount of new recruits these years, I'm wondering whether that number is going to be pumped up again before our class is up for consideration.

Other than that, I think Knobbe is a great place to work, esp if you just want IP.

dood

Postby dood » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:07 pm

Last edited by dood on Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dood

Postby dood » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:09 pm

Last edited by dood on Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:36 pm

Thanks for the info! Also dood, I shot you a PM.

Return to “Legal Employment”