Jenner Chicago Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: Jenner Chicago

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:12 am

enygma wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
LOL, your shtick's better on ATL.
i don't really do ATL. I also don't do anon when it's completely superfluous.
I think anonymous hasn't read chambers.

One of my closest friends turned down K&E for Jenner & Block. He said he just clicked with the people at Jenner better, so this thread is shocking. Then again, he wanted to do corporate, so maybe that practice group is different.

Being a litigation firm doesn't tend to make the work environment shitty. It's being a litigation firm with a combination of other factors.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:55 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:My Jenner callback was the worse that I had. I mean, it's not uncommon for there to be one or two awkward interviews. But at Jenner, EVERY interview was awkward. They basically just sat there as I pulled questions out of my butt. There really was not any "conversation." It was just me asking questions and them giving stilted answers. I was tremendously disappointed because I really liked the firm before going to the callback. I left the interview shaking my head at how terribly the callback had gone. For unknown reasons, they gave me an offer, which I declined.

That being said, I met two people (out of eight) that were cool. They were both in the corporate department.
where did you accept an offer?

I would rather not say. But I had an offer to Katten Muchin, which I would have taken over my Jenner offer.
Are you serious?! I would take the Jenner offer first for sure.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:15 am

You understand that Jenner is not weird in a "litigation" way like, say, Kirkland, right? Kirkland is intense in a cut-throat sort of way that turns a lot of people off. The Jenner associates are weird in a "strange kid from law school" sort of way. One reminded me of Gordon Gekko turned loose, the other reminded me of my Antitrust class a few years back. Huge difference. Both are for some people and not for others.

As for Chambers, I'll concede that that's what judges and partners believe and they know more than I do. I would add, however, that that ranking might be more of a statement about their partners (especially some of the older litigation lions there) and not so much about the next generation. Granted, that would mean this wouldn't be captured for any of the firms, but, from my experience and from the opinions of others as relayed to me, Jenner's reputation is not as high as Chambers would lead one to believe. As for corporate work, I can't really believe that Jenner's even considered competitive--it's just a tiny group and not even something that they advertise very heavily (just run a search; they have like 2 people outside their Chicago office doing it, and less than 30 in that office doing it).

rayiner

Platinum

Post by rayiner » Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:20 am

I don't get the Jenner lovefest in all these threads. Having a super liberal DC appellate group doesn't make the firm good. HTH.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Sep 09, 2023 11:12 pm

Recently interviewed with Jenner and here to confirm that they are still saying inappropriate things to candidates, yet very awkward (with long pauses), and still sloppy in their dress. They are generally lacking in social skills.

It was a draining experience that left me exhausted and confused. Before I saw the 2010 thread, had thought this was just what was left at Jenner after Skadden and Wilkie poached groups.

Also found a jarring contrast between the aggressive marketing about pro bono and DEI at Jenner with the inappropriate white bros and white women who play the game. Where were the lesbians and the black people?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”