Schulte v. Morgan Lewis v. Bingham McCutchen

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

SRZ, Bingham, or Morgan?

SRZ
65%
Bingham
19%
Morgan
16%

Total votes: 31

Anonymous User

Schulte v. Morgan Lewis v. Bingham McCutchen

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:12 pm

All New York offices. Extremely interested in hedge fund/private equity work. Somewhat interested in preserving my ability to lateral later. Very interested in going in-house at a PE or hedge fund.

Primarily, however, I am looking to make the most money I can over the next 3 years.

What do you think?

Anonymous User

Re: Schulte v. Morgan Lewis v. Bingham McCutchen

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:43 pm

Any feedback?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:54 am

When it comes to hedge funds the top two firms are schulte and sewkis. I speak from being in the industry .. I work at a hedge fund. Literally everyone uses one of those two firms. If ur long term plan is to go in house specifically at a hf, schulte is ur best bet. It is a huge feeder for in house.. For example, some I know at one of those firms got recruited by a fund she helped form two years earlier. From what I understand this is a common occurrence.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:59 am

Anonymous User wrote:All New York offices. Extremely interested in hedge fund/private equity work. Somewhat interested in preserving my ability to lateral later. Very interested in going in-house at a PE or hedge fund.

Primarily, however, I am looking to make the most money I can over the next 3 years.

What do you think?

Be careful with Bingham. They could be facing a major (nine or ten figure) malpractice suit if this Dodgers Divorce case doesn't settle.

http://www.dodgerdivorce.com/

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:10 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:All New York offices. Extremely interested in hedge fund/private equity work. Somewhat interested in preserving my ability to lateral later. Very interested in going in-house at a PE or hedge fund.

What do you think?

Be careful with Bingham. They could be facing a major (nine or ten figure) malpractice suit if this Dodgers Divorce case doesn't settle.

http://www.dodgerdivorce.com/

I'm not a huge Bingham fan, but for reasons unrelated to the above suit. I just didn't like the feel of the office.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:01 pm

Wow. Does one attorney's apparent drafting error expose an 1,100 attorney firm to significant malpractice litigation?

How should I evaluate the PPP of each firm?

- One the one hand, Schulte has extremely strong PPP, which leads me to think it will be able to attract partners with large books of business going forward. Also, however, SRZ did conduct layoffs to maintain that PPP in the bad years, which tends to indicate a lack of loyalty to associates.

- On the other hand, Bingham only RIF'd a few back in the day, but has dismal (when compared to SRZ) PPP. Morgan is another story all together. However, both Bingham and Morgan have really strong, albeit second tier, hedge practices.

Any more thoughts?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:04 pm

Wow. Does one attorney's apparent drafting error expose an 1,100 attorney firm to significant malpractice litigation?

I would think. I don't know the actual law, but it would seem if he was doing work for Bingham then Bingham faces the liability.

Return to “Legal Employment”