Exit Options for litigators?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Exit Options for litigators?

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:25 pm

Given that the overwhelming majority of new associates either burn out or are "persuaded" towards the door or something, what kind of exit options would litigators have open to them?

Seems that government would be pretty easy, but is in-house stuff reserved pretty much for corporate attys only? Other exit options? Thanks y'all!

Anonymous User

Re: Exit Options for litigators?

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:54 pm

lol just focus on your Biglaw job, from what I hear they typically get partner-tracked at mid-law firms or government.

Jessep

Postby Jessep » Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:34 pm

Litigators generally have trouble going in-house. You are smart to be thinking about exit options though. You will likely go to a medium sized or small firm, or government. Keep your exit options in mind when selecting a practice area.

rcb5142

Postby rcb5142 » Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:01 pm

Jessep wrote:Keep your exit options in mind when selecting a practice area.

Can you elaborate on this at all? I'm interested in hearing your thoughts as I plan to stay in biglaw for maybe 2-4 years.

MrKappus

Postby MrKappus » Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:53 pm

Where do you people get this stuff? Litigators from oc firms go in-house all the time.

Return to “Legal Employment”