Cleary (DC) or O'Melveny (DC)?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

Cleary (DC)
50%
O'Melveny (DC)
50%

Total votes: 8

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:01 pm

Which would you choose? I like Cleary's antitrust and corporate work and like O'Melveny's antitrust, litigation, and political law groups. Basically, I'm potentially interested in several areas, but like antitrust a lot, and am mostly concerned with finding the best overall experience. What are the pros/cons of these offices?

Anonymous User

Re: Cleary (DC) or O'Melveny (DC)?

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:14 am

Anonymous User wrote:Which would you choose? I like Cleary's antitrust and corporate work and like O'Melveny's antitrust, litigation, and political law groups. Basically, I'm potentially interested in several areas, but like antitrust a lot, and am mostly concerned with finding the best overall experience. What are the pros/cons of these offices?

If you have the grades/writing ability - OMM's appellate group is freakin' amazing. (Walter Dellinger + Sri Srinivasan)

Anonymous User

Re: Cleary (DC) or O'Melveny (DC)?

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:48 pm

Cleary's office has about 100 lawyers; OMM about 150. Not much of a difference there. Other questions... Would one firm provide more of an advantage for clerkships? And going forward, how much weight should be placed on recent layoffs? (OMM laid off about 10% of its attorneys firm-wide, while Cleary had no official layoffs.)

Return to “Legal Employment”