Stroock

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Stroock

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:11 pm

Anyone joining Stroock this summer?

Anonymous User

Re: Stroock

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:16 pm

PM sent.

vanwinkle

Postby vanwinkle » Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:17 pm

Anonymous User wrote:PM sent.

You cannot PM "Anonymous User". It is never received by anyone.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:25 pm

Well, that's annoying- I thought it would make its way to the OP. Anyways, I will be starting there as an associate soon if the OP has questions.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:05 pm

Anonymous User wrote:

Well, that's annoying- I thought it would make its way to the OP. Anyways, I will be starting there as an associate soon if the OP has questions.

Any tips on what to do to get acclimated quickly? Any general advice on how to approach assignments or communicate with associates or partners?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:42 pm

Any tips on what to do to get acclimated quickly? Any general advice on how to approach assignments or communicate with associates or partners?

Just be friendly and thoughtful. The firm's culture is very down to earth. Getting to know attorneys (not just the summers) is important.

As far as assignments, I think the most important thing is to communicate expectations (that means both ways). Ask for clarification when you need it- it's much better than turning in something that is worthless because it's not what the assigning attorney wants. It's always a good idea to get another set of eyes to help proofread written assignments. Most importantly, don't miss a deadline for any reason. If you are worried that finishing on time might compromise quality, talk to the assigning attorney about that before turning things in.

Return to “Legal Employment”