ITT: You tell me about working at Kirkland & Ellis Chicago

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: ITT: You tell me about working at Kirkland & Ellis Chicago

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:01 pm

I don't think it is fair to say that they all "slacked off." They just didn't react the way that is rewarded at Kirkland. Not everyone is a hustler, especially among the corporate types. They probably just froze under the pressure. Some people had to go, and it ended up being those who maybe didn't fully embrace the system. It was too bad, and no real personal fault of their own, but nobody "deserves" a job, high loan balance or not.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:02 pm

If my job was PR, I'd be doing a shitty job. Place is not for the faint of heart. It's why I love it, but also understandably why many would hate it.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:03 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I don't think it is fair to say that they all "slacked off." They just didn't react the way that is rewarded at Kirkland. Not everyone is a hustler, especially among the corporate types. They probably just froze under the pressure. Some people had to go, and it ended up being those who maybe didn't fully embrace the system. It was too bad, and no real personal fault of their own, but nobody "deserves" a job, high loan balance or not.

Anonymous User wrote:If my job was PR, I'd be doing a shitty job. Place is not for the faint of heart. It's why I love it, but also understandably why many would hate it.

Fair enough.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:52 pm

Last thing I remember
I was running for the door
I had to find the passage back
To the place I was before
Relax said the night man
We are programmed to receive
You can check out any time you like
But you can never leave

ToTransferOrNot

Postby ToTransferOrNot » Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:06 pm

Arguably the best Restructuring group in the country - the only real competition they have is Weil.

Edit: No, Skadden and Sidley are not in the mix, as much as they try to pretend to be.

Return to “Legal Employment”