Cahill Post-Callback Offers/Rejections Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Cahill Post-Callback Offers/Rejections

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:12 pm

How long from callback to offer or callback to rejection? Did rejections come via email, phone or snail mail? I've been waiting a few weeks with no word. Help please!

Anonymous User

Re: Cahill Post-Callback Offers/Rejections

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:27 pm

Anonymous User wrote:How long from callback to offer or callback to rejection? Did rejections come via email, phone or snail mail? I've been waiting a few weeks with no word. Help please!
Same day offer via e-mail... Sorry :cry:

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:31 pm

Likewise, someday offer via email.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:38 pm

my CB was on a Thursday late afternoon... offer via email came the next Tuesday. Some of it depends on hring partner/committee availability... if you haven't heard, you're not out yet.. their class is relatively small compared to some comparable firms and they are somewhat conservative.. My guess is they are waiting for some acceptances before giving out more offers. They definitely seemed more careful than some firms about numbers.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:31 am

Friend got on the spot offer.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:12 pm

Has anyone been rejected?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:32 pm

I would like to know this as well.

I had a callback last Friday and haven't heard anything. Should I assume a pending rejection? I canceled all my other call backs because I plan on taking my current offer. Cahill is the only other firm I was considering.

Any use in calling to tell them this, or wait until I am actually facing a 28 day problem?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:40 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone been rejected?
bump

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:46 pm

I haven't been "rejected" and my callback was two weeks ago now. It seems like either a bunch of us are on hold or they are waiting to send out the rejections at one time (which, by the way, is a particularly heinous thing to do)

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:37 pm

Anybody with an offer mind sharing their stats (roughly)? Just curious what they were looking for this year.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:50 pm

T6 law school, LR, solid work experience, regional ties, median-ish performance.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:19 pm

i got an offer this week...T6, median-ish grades, not on law review. i heard they only started giving them out this week.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:16 pm

Anonymous User wrote:i got an offer this week...T6, median-ish grades, not on law review. i heard they only started giving them out this week.
Congrats. Which day this week did you get your offer? How long after your callback?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:35 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:i got an offer this week...T6, median-ish grades, not on law review. i heard they only started giving them out this week.
Congrats. Which day this week did you get your offer? How long after your callback?
Bump

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:30 pm

I went for callback on Thursday and the recruiter told me that the hiring partner had to rush to Ireland for the week, and no decisions would be made until he got back on like Wed/Thurs. FWIW

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:24 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I went for callback on Thursday and the recruiter told me that the hiring partner had to rush to Ireland for the week, and no decisions would be made until he got back on like Wed/Thurs. FWIW
I think they tell this to everybody who doesn't get an instant offer. Maybe it's true, or maybe it's just a way to give a timeline without really giving a timeline.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:27 pm

I went a week earlier and was told the same thing...but I doubt they would lie about something like that.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:55 pm

Why would they lie about him being in Ireland? When I tried to call him a few weeks ago to accept the offer, I was told he was there too. Also, after my callback, the recruiter told me that it would be 2 weeks, even though I got the news later that day. All decisions probably have to go through the hiring partner.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:18 pm

Received an offer 1 week after callback (offer by email on Sept 10).

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:58 pm

I wish we could start to get to know people in our summer classes now - but I completely understand why we need to keep it anonymous. Just sucks - I'd love to start chatting with people and finding out their housing plans, etc.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:25 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I wish we could start to get to know people in our summer classes now - but I completely understand why we need to keep it anonymous. Just sucks - I'd love to start chatting with people and finding out their housing plans, etc.
I agree... When can we start disclosing it? I am just curious because I would also like to start chatting with others in the summer class.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:27 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I wish we could start to get to know people in our summer classes now - but I completely understand why we need to keep it anonymous. Just sucks - I'd love to start chatting with people and finding out their housing plans, etc.
I agree... When can we start disclosing it? I am just curious because I would also like to start chatting with others in the summer class.
ME TOO.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:48 pm

Does anyone know of non-SA 3Ls with offers? I heard they were hiring for permanent positions too, but it may be a myth.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:36 pm

they told me on my CB that they were hiring 3L's. Don't know about non-SA 3L's, but my guess is that with an adequate substitute they would consider you, especially if you are interested in corp. They told me they were looking to hire around 15 3L's. Their normal SA class is around 30, and they had about half that last year, but business is good so they are looking to fill up last summer's class to its historical number so they don't have a shortage of associates for a particular year.

You could consider emailing the hiring partner directly with your CL/Resume/Transcript, or including him on the email to recruiting.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:50 pm

That is great news, maybe that means more offers for us 2L's :).

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”