nalp offer rules?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

nalp offer rules?

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:58 pm

are you required by nalp rules to notify other firms with whom you have done call backs but not yet received an offer that you received and accepted an offer from another firm?

Re: nalp offer rules?

Postby 270910 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:02 pm

No.

It's a good idea to, though. It might free up a spot for somebody else. Recruiting departments expect and are polite (in most cases) when they receive such calls.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:03 pm

OP here...thanks for answering

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:11 pm

I know this has been asked a million times but is it better to call recruiting director or the person that extended you the offer?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:21 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I know this has been asked a million times but is it better to call recruiting director or the person that extended you the offer?

Just declined an offer tonight post accepting with my first choice. It was sad, because I really liked them. But it feels good that OCI is officially over, and I surprisingly/thankfully snagged my #1 bid.

Declining offers--I'd contact your atty contact and email recruiter. I'd also email and thank anyone who was involved in post-offer recruiting efforts, or anyone who you felt strongly about.

Post CB withdrawals---email to recruiter is fine, unless you had a particularly strong connection to the atty.

Return to “Legal Employment”