Rolling callback received

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Rolling callback received

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:07 pm

There was a lot of speculation on this board earlier about whether or not firms do rolling callbacks.

Well, they do. A major market, upper-vault firm just called me back. There were several reports of callbacks and rejections weeks ago right after the firm arrived on campus to do screening interviews.

I'm sure the group is smaller, but I'm also sure I'm scheduled to do a callback with a firm many here would have assumed dinged me.

Anonymous User

Re: Rolling callback received

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:20 pm

congratulations.
did you contact the firm at all while you were waiting?

Renzo

Postby Renzo » Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:40 pm

Anonymous User wrote:There was a lot of speculation on this board earlier about whether or not firms do rolling callbacks.

Well, they do. A major market, upper-vault firm just called me back. There were several reports of callbacks and rejections weeks ago right after the firm arrived on campus to do screening interviews.

I'm sure the group is smaller, but I'm also sure I'm scheduled to do a callback with a firm many here would have assumed dinged me.

I got a similar callback. I think firms are dragging the process out longer compared to previous years because they don't know what their yield will be.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:43 pm

Let me guess... a V5 that starts with a "S" and ends with a "kadden"

Renzo

Postby Renzo » Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:52 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Let me guess... a V5 that starts with a "S" and ends with a "kadden"

Not in my case.

Return to “Legal Employment”