NEW final 2010 OCI results thread that are ACTUALLY FINAL

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273252
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NEW final 2010 OCI results thread that are ACTUALLY FINAL

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:15 am

Anonymous User wrote:School Range: Chicago or Northwestern
Market(s): Chi, NYC (contingency plan)
Approx. class rank: Top 5%
Law Review: Y
Work experience: 2+ years paralegal; political work in college came up a lot in my interviews
IP: No
Anything else that might have an impact: Had scheduling issues that made me not get interviews until very late (or at all) with some top firms that were good targets for my stats (Kirkland/Sidley Chi and the V5 in NYC). DO NOT MISS ANY PART OF OCI. I'm also interested only in transactional work.
Self-assessed interview capability: 5. My interviewing and speaking is nothing special.
Screening interviews: 25 (22 Chi, 3 NYC)
Mass mails: 6 (NYC) led to 2 additional screenings and callbacks.
Callbacks received: 12 (7 Chi, 5 NYC)
Callbacks accepted: 10 (5 Chi, 5 NYC).
Offers: 3 NYC (V10, V15, V50); 2 Chi (V30, V50)

Comments: Still debating between the two Chicago offers, and leaning toward the V30. Concerned about whether or not there's enough transactional work to go around there, but if there is, it's a great firm for me. If not, I should be competitive at 3L OCI.


Enjoy Mayer. I'll be there too!

Anonymous User
Posts: 273252
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NEW final 2010 OCI results thread that are ACTUALLY FINAL

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:13 am

School Range: CCN
Market: NYC
Approx. class rank: Top 5%
Law Review: No
Work experience: Yes
IP: No
Self-assessed interview capability: 4
Screening interviews: 24
Mass mails: 0
Callbacks received: 15
Callbacks accepted: 7
Offers: 6 (3 V5, 2 V10, 1 V15)

Anonymous User
Posts: 273252
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NEW final 2010 OCI results thread that are ACTUALLY FINAL

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:27 pm

Anonymous User wrote:School range: T 25
Market(s): Chicago, Minneapolis
Approx. class rank: Top 15 %
Law review: "Secondary," though it is more selective/more well-known than our law review (I chose this over law review)
Work experience: Straight from College
IP background: No
Anything else that might have an impact?: Good "softs"-- President of student body, etc.
Self-assessed interview ability (1-10): 9
Screening Interviews: 13
Mass mails: 0
Callbacks received: 10
Callbacks accepted: 8
Offers: 4-- One v100. Accepted from a v200 and one of the largest firms in U.S.

wtf is v200?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273252
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NEW final 2010 OCI results thread that are ACTUALLY FINAL

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:37 am

School range: T2
Market(s): Philadelphia, NYC
Approx. class rank: Top 2 %
Law review: Main Journal
Work experience: Straight from College
IP background: No
Anything else that might have an impact?: Good UG, Interesting Softs, but nothing spectacular
Self-assessed interview ability (1-10): 8
Screening Interviews: 17
Mass mails: 25
Callbacks received: 14 OCI 1 Mass Mail
Callbacks accepted: 15 Range V5-non NLJ250
Offers: One v50. Accepted. Withdrew from 7 left.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273252
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NEW final 2010 OCI results thread that are ACTUALLY FINAL

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:46 pm

School range: MVPB
Market(s): Boston
Approx. class rank: Bottom Half (probs like 10% below median)
Journal: None, did not tryout
Work experience: none, direct out of undergrad
IP background: No
Anything else that might have an impact?: No
Self-assessed interview ability (1-10): 10
Screening Interviews: 12 (only did 6, cancelled rest)
Mass mails: 4
Callbacks received: 6 (however cancelled half of my screening interviews near the end after got offer)
Callbacks accepted: 6
Offers w/vault ranges: one V15 (accepted), one V100, 4 Mid-Market firm offers from mass mailings.

User avatar
Veyron
Posts: 3598
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:50 am

Re: NEW final 2010 OCI results thread that are ACTUALLY FINAL

Postby Veyron » Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:55 pm

Anonymous User wrote:School range: MVPB
Market(s): Boston
Approx. class rank: Bottom Half (probs like 10% below median)
Journal: None, did not tryout
Work experience: none, direct out of undergrad
IP background: No
Anything else that might have an impact?: No
Self-assessed interview ability (1-10): 10
Screening Interviews: 12 (only did 6, cancelled rest)
Mass mails: 4
Callbacks received: 6 (however cancelled half of my screening interviews near the end after got offer)
Callbacks accepted: 6
Offers w/vault ranges: one V15 (accepted), one V100, 4 Mid-Market firm offers from mass mailings.


Flame, or most unusual bid strategy ever? What's the reason for the low number of screening, UVA student?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273252
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NEW final 2010 OCI results thread that are ACTUALLY FINAL

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:59 am

Veyron wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:School range: MVPB
Market(s): Boston
Approx. class rank: Bottom Half (probs like 10% below median)
Journal: None, did not tryout
Work experience: none, direct out of undergrad
IP background: No
Anything else that might have an impact?: No
Self-assessed interview ability (1-10): 10
Screening Interviews: 12 (only did 6, cancelled rest)
Mass mails: 4
Callbacks received: 6 (however cancelled half of my screening interviews near the end after got offer)
Callbacks accepted: 6
Offers w/vault ranges: one V15 (accepted), one V100, 4 Mid-Market firm offers from mass mailings.


Flame, or most unusual bid strategy ever? What's the reason for the low number of screening, UVA student?


I actually had an offer by early September from interviews I had done over the summer. Thus, I could cancel most of my screening interviews because I wouldn't have taken any of those firms over the one I got an offer at. Basically, I only did callbacks with firms I really liked and knew I would work for. As for the low number of OGI screenings, 9 was the average at my school, so I think 12 was pretty good considering my GPA and lack of any Journal. And how did you know I'm UVA?

concurrent fork
Posts: 669
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:40 am

Re: NEW final 2010 OCI results thread that are ACTUALLY FINAL

Postby concurrent fork » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:50 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Veyron wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:School range: MVPB
Market(s): Boston
Approx. class rank: Bottom Half (probs like 10% below median)
Journal: None, did not tryout
Work experience: none, direct out of undergrad
IP background: No
Anything else that might have an impact?: No
Self-assessed interview ability (1-10): 10
Screening Interviews: 12 (only did 6, cancelled rest)
Mass mails: 4
Callbacks received: 6 (however cancelled half of my screening interviews near the end after got offer)
Callbacks accepted: 6
Offers w/vault ranges: one V15 (accepted), one V100, 4 Mid-Market firm offers from mass mailings.


Flame, or most unusual bid strategy ever? What's the reason for the low number of screening, UVA student?


I actually had an offer by early September from interviews I had done over the summer. Thus, I could cancel most of my screening interviews because I wouldn't have taken any of those firms over the one I got an offer at. Basically, I only did callbacks with firms I really liked and knew I would work for. As for the low number of OGI screenings, 9 was the average at my school, so I think 12 was pretty good considering my GPA and lack of any Journal. And how did you know I'm UVA?


Confused b/c there aren't any V15 in Boston.

User avatar
Blindmelon
Posts: 1708
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:13 am

Re: NEW final 2010 OCI results thread that are ACTUALLY FINAL

Postby Blindmelon » Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:19 am

+1 to the above poster. Unless its Weil, but they're just a tiny satellite office.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273252
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NEW final 2010 OCI results thread that are ACTUALLY FINAL

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:01 pm

concurrent fork wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Veyron wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:School range: MVPB
Market(s): Boston
Approx. class rank: Bottom Half (probs like 10% below median)
Journal: None, did not tryout
Work experience: none, direct out of undergrad
IP background: No
Anything else that might have an impact?: No
Self-assessed interview ability (1-10): 10
Screening Interviews: 12 (only did 6, cancelled rest)
Mass mails: 4
Callbacks received: 6 (however cancelled half of my screening interviews near the end after got offer)
Callbacks accepted: 6
Offers w/vault ranges: one V15 (accepted), one V100, 4 Mid-Market firm offers from mass mailings.


Flame, or most unusual bid strategy ever? What's the reason for the low number of screening, UVA student?


I actually had an offer by early September from interviews I had done over the summer. Thus, I could cancel most of my screening interviews because I wouldn't have taken any of those firms over the one I got an offer at. Basically, I only did callbacks with firms I really liked and knew I would work for. As for the low number of OGI screenings, 9 was the average at my school, so I think 12 was pretty good considering my GPA and lack of any Journal. And how did you know I'm UVA?


Confused b/c there aren't any V15 in Boston.


Its V17... would you like me to get any more specific? seriously

Anonymous User
Posts: 273252
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NEW final 2010 OCI results thread that are ACTUALLY FINAL

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:43 pm

Now that everything is winding down...

School range: transfer from east coast school in the 60s to an east coast T20
Market(s): DC, NY, LA, Philly, Delaware, Boston, Greenland, and the Moon
Approx. class rank: 10-15% at 1L school...no rank at current school
Law review: Yes at 1L school. Now...le sigh
Work experience: nothing substantive, but plenty of odds and ends
IP background: Yes, BME
Anything else that might have an impact?: nope, I'm just plain vanilla
Self-assessed interview ability (1-10): varies w/ my mood, but I'm a pretty normal dood
Screening Interviews: 27
Mass mails: 10ish...one of which resulted in a CB, LOL
Callbacks received: 12: 2 NY, 2 LA, 2 Delaware, 5 DC, 1 Philly
Callbacks accepted: 10 (turned down Philly and one DC CB)
Offers: 2 (2 AmLaw200 IP boutiques in NYC, which were two of my top 3 choices :D ), 5 rejections (mostly regional/unranked firms in home market/areas where I had 0 ties, like LA)...I declined consideration from 3 (V100, V60, and one amlaw/nlj firm) after the other two offers came in!
Accepted one of the NYC IP boutiques!

Advice for next year: (1) Stay up to date with your work because travelling for CBs takes lots of time (2) if you're IP, DO PLIP - not only was the interviewing experience invaluable, but I landed at least one offer from it (only got a couple of screening interviews, too), (3) over-studying for interviews made me more awkward, and (4) go into EVERY INTERVIEW armed with questions...ESPECIALLY during CBs - so many times the interviewer would finish his/her schtick asking me some facially relevant resume questions, then leave like 20 minutes for my questions.

If I could have done something different: MASS MAIL--I've heard lots of success stories with this, and my campaign took place in late August and was really weak. I should've started way earlier and hit way more firms (DC, especially, since I didn't land any firms I liked there...to be sure, however, DC was a bloodbath this year, so maybe it was a function of my weak credentials).
Last edited by Anonymous User on Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Veyron
Posts: 3598
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:50 am

Re: NEW final 2010 OCI results thread that are ACTUALLY FINAL

Postby Veyron » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:28 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Veyron wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:School range: MVPB
Market(s): Boston
Approx. class rank: Bottom Half (probs like 10% below median)
Journal: None, did not tryout
Work experience: none, direct out of undergrad
IP background: No
Anything else that might have an impact?: No
Self-assessed interview ability (1-10): 10
Screening Interviews: 12 (only did 6, cancelled rest)
Mass mails: 4
Callbacks received: 6 (however cancelled half of my screening interviews near the end after got offer)
Callbacks accepted: 6
Offers w/vault ranges: one V15 (accepted), one V100, 4 Mid-Market firm offers from mass mailings.


Flame, or most unusual bid strategy ever? What's the reason for the low number of screening, UVA student?


I actually had an offer by early September from interviews I had done over the summer. Thus, I could cancel most of my screening interviews because I wouldn't have taken any of those firms over the one I got an offer at. Basically, I only did callbacks with firms I really liked and knew I would work for. As for the low number of OGI screenings, 9 was the average at my school, so I think 12 was pretty good considering my GPA and lack of any Journal. And how did you know I'm UVA?


You definitely took a non-traditional path but this makes sense - and yah, you definitely did v-well, like pushing the bounds of possibility well, that's why I was suspicious. Congratulations.

Guessed UVA based on the low number of screening interviews. I don't know if its the pre-select thing but UVA people tend to have less screenings than people at MP.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273252
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NEW final 2010 OCI results thread that are ACTUALLY FINAL

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:38 pm

School Range: CCN transfer
Market: NYC
Approx. class rank: Top 5% at T2
Law Review: Graded on at old school, secondary at new
Work experience: No
IP: No
Self-assessed interview capability: Must be pretty low based on results
Screening interviews: 17
Mass mails: ~10, nothing came of it
Callbacks received: 9
Callbacks accepted: 9 (throughout the spectrum of the v100 + 1 non vault
Offers: 1 from non-vault market paying firm. Happy with the offer, thought my results would be better, but can't complain.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273252
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NEW final 2010 OCI results thread that are ACTUALLY FINAL

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:47 pm

School Range: T50
Market: NYC
Approx. class rank: Top 10%
Law Review: Secondary
Work experience: 2 yrs unrelated field
IP: No
Self-assessed interview capability: 9/10
Screening interviews: 20
Mass mails: none
Callbacks received: 12
Callbacks accepted: 10
Offers: 5 offers, 2 v20, 2 v50, 1 v100

Anonymous User
Posts: 273252
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NEW final 2010 OCI results thread that are ACTUALLY FINAL

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:48 pm

School Range: HYS transfer
Markets: Chi, Boston
Approx. class rank: Top 5% at T30
Law Review: secondary journal
Work experience: 1 year at large corp
IP: No
Self-assessed interview capability: 9
Screening interviews: 31
Mass mails: 0
Callbacks received: 23
Callbacks accepted: 10
Offers: 10 (1 V5, 1 V10, 3 V20, 3 V50, 2 market non-vaults)

Anonymous User
Posts: 273252
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NEW final 2010 OCI results thread that are ACTUALLY FINAL

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:37 pm

School range: BU/BC
Market(s): NY, Boston
Approx. class rank: 15%
Law review: Secondary
Work experience: 1 yr. at well known professional services firm
IP background: No
Anything else that might have an impact?:
Self-assessed interview ability (1-10): 9
Screening Interviews: 28
Mass mails: 50; ended up in one call back at major NY firm, a couple at mid-size
Callbacks received: 15
Callbacks accepted: 12
Offers: 3; V100(NY), Major mid-size in Boston, V5 in Boston. 3 dings, withdrew at the rest after I got my first choice.

lawschoollll
Posts: 468
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:57 pm

Re: NEW final 2010 OCI results thread that are ACTUALLY FINAL

Postby lawschoollll » Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:56 am

Anonymous User wrote:School Range: T50
Market: NYC
Approx. class rank: Top 10%
Law Review: Secondary
Work experience: 2 yrs unrelated field
IP: No
Self-assessed interview capability: 9/10
Screening interviews: 20
Mass mails: none
Callbacks received: 12
Callbacks accepted: 10
Offers: 5 offers, 2 v20, 2 v50, 1 v100

...........................

Anonymous User
Posts: 273252
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NEW final 2010 OCI results thread that are ACTUALLY FINAL

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:10 pm

School Range: CCN
Market: Chicago
Approx. Class Rank: Median
Journal: Secondary
Work Experience: No
IP: No
Self-Assessed Interview Capability: 6? 7? Nothing special.
Screening Interviews: 16
Callbacks Received: 5
Callbacks Accepted: 4
Offers: 4 (1 v15, 2 v50, 1 v100)

Anonymous User
Posts: 273252
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NEW final 2010 OCI results thread that are ACTUALLY FINAL

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:18 pm

Anonymous User wrote:School Range: CCN
Market: Chicago
Approx. Class Rank: Median
Journal: Secondary
Work Experience: No
IP: No
Self-Assessed Interview Capability: 6? 7? Nothing special.
Screening Interviews: 16
Callbacks Received: 5
Callbacks Accepted: 4
Offers: 4 (1 v15, 2 v50, 1 v100)

Congrats on the offers. Do you get the sense that your median peers fared similarly or that you did much better? There were rumors that UofC was a bloodbath this year (assuming that's where you go)... any substance to those?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273252
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NEW final 2010 OCI results thread that are ACTUALLY FINAL

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:45 pm

School Range: NYU
Market: NYC, secondary
Approx. Class Rank: Just below median
Journal: Secondary
Work Experience: 2 years, unrelated field
IP: No
Self-Assessed Interview Capability: varies, maybe 6 on average? I think most law students vastly overestimate their interview skills.
Screening Interviews: 24 through OCI, 3 through mailings
Callbacks Received: 10
Callbacks Accepted: 10
Offers: 1 v20. Several rejections + withdrew from some firms post-CB after getting the v20 offer

lawschoollll
Posts: 468
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:57 pm

Re: NEW final 2010 OCI results thread that are ACTUALLY FINAL

Postby lawschoollll » Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:27 pm

Anonymous User wrote:School Range: NYU
Market: NYC, secondary
Approx. Class Rank: Just below median
Journal: Secondary
Work Experience: 2 years, unrelated field
IP: No
Self-Assessed Interview Capability: varies, maybe 6 on average? I think most law students vastly overestimate their interview skills.
Screening Interviews: 24 through OCI, 3 through mailings
Callbacks Received: 10
Callbacks Accepted: 10
Offers: 1 v20. Several rejections + withdrew from some firms post-CB after getting the v20 offer


Thanks for the info. Do you think your experience (getting 10 CB and 1+ offers) was typical for NYU students at/slightly below/slightly above median?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273252
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NEW final 2010 OCI results thread that are ACTUALLY FINAL

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:41 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:School Range: CCN
Market: Chicago
Approx. Class Rank: Median
Journal: Secondary
Work Experience: No
IP: No
Self-Assessed Interview Capability: 6? 7? Nothing special.
Screening Interviews: 16
Callbacks Received: 5
Callbacks Accepted: 4
Offers: 4 (1 v15, 2 v50, 1 v100)

Congrats on the offers. Do you get the sense that your median peers fared similarly or that you did much better? There were rumors that UofC was a bloodbath this year (assuming that's where you go)... any substance to those?



My sense was that everybody at median did okay as long as they had decent interviewing skills (i.e., not terribly awkward). I think everybody got at least one offer, depending on the market they were targeting. DC was difficult, but not impossible if you had legitimate connections. California seemed particularly hard to break into. I know of a few people below median who got offers, and wouldn't be surprised if there were more. (People still don't really talk about grades so it's hard to tell who is above or below the median).

It was pretty tough this year, though. There are still many people looking for jobs right now.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273252
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NEW final 2010 OCI results thread that are ACTUALLY FINAL

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:27 pm

lawschoollll wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:School Range: NYU
Market: NYC, secondary
Approx. Class Rank: Just below median
Journal: Secondary
Work Experience: 2 years, unrelated field
IP: No
Self-Assessed Interview Capability: varies, maybe 6 on average? I think most law students vastly overestimate their interview skills.
Screening Interviews: 24 through OCI, 3 through mailings
Callbacks Received: 10
Callbacks Accepted: 10
Offers: 1 v20. Several rejections + withdrew from some firms post-CB after getting the v20 offer


Thanks for the info. Do you think your experience (getting 10 CB and 1+ offers) was typical for NYU students at/slightly below/slightly above median?


I'm the poster you quoted-

It's hard to answer your question, since people don't talk about grades or how many callbacks they have. And offers don't perfectly correlate with grades. I can only offer a guess based on a limited sample, but most people I know did multiple callbacks and have offers (and I don't exclusively hang out with the law review staff), including my friends who have told me they have "below average" grades. It's a complete guess, but I think 10 callbacks is above average for my grade range, and one offer is average or below average.

That said, I know a couple of people that didn't get anything through EIW and are still looking.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273252
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NEW final 2010 OCI results thread that are ACTUALLY FINAL

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:33 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
lawschoollll wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:School Range: NYU
Market: NYC, secondary
Approx. Class Rank: Just below median
Journal: Secondary
Work Experience: 2 years, unrelated field
IP: No
Self-Assessed Interview Capability: varies, maybe 6 on average? I think most law students vastly overestimate their interview skills.
Screening Interviews: 24 through OCI, 3 through mailings
Callbacks Received: 10
Callbacks Accepted: 10
Offers: 1 v20. Several rejections + withdrew from some firms post-CB after getting the v20 offer


Thanks for the info. Do you think your experience (getting 10 CB and 1+ offers) was typical for NYU students at/slightly below/slightly above median?


I'm the poster you quoted-

It's hard to answer your question, since people don't talk about grades or how many callbacks they have. And offers don't perfectly correlate with grades. I can only offer a guess based on a limited sample, but most people I know did multiple callbacks and have offers (and I don't exclusively hang out with the law review staff), including my friends who have told me they have "below average" grades. It's a complete guess, but I think 10 callbacks is above average for my grade range, and one offer is average or below average.

That said, I know a couple of people that didn't get anything through EIW and are still looking.


I am curious because I also had a low offer to callback rate (I go to another t-14) - was this typical for a lot of people at NYU? I found it harder to land an offer than callbacks.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273252
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NEW final 2010 OCI results thread that are ACTUALLY FINAL

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:34 pm

School Range: 20-40
Market: NYC
Approx. Class Rank: ~top 20% (officially above the top quarter cutoff, told by the dean of more precise ranking)
Journal: Secondary
Work Experience: 1 year, (very) unrelated field
IP: No
Self-Assessed Interview Capability: completely dependent on the circumstances/whether the job is a good fit
Screening Interviews: 11
Callbacks Received: 0
Offers: Offered an internship in house (at a company in my field) for the school year, not via OCI. Accepted immediately, and will hopefully make connections for the summer here.

Were there other factors at play? Yes, almost certainly. Unusual background + ambivalence about biglaw. In my GPA range at this school, most people got at least one callback, though this was not the guaranteed offer zone. In my case it isn't a bad thing, and my company has hired new law school grads directly from school.




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.