Silicon Valley - STB or DPW?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Silicon Valley - STB or DPW?

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:48 pm

Hello,

I am trying to decide between STB and DPW in Silicon Valley. I am interested in corporate work. Any thoughts about the work, office culture, importance in the technology/silicon valley market, etc?

Anonymous User

Re: Silicon Valley - STB or DPW?

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:56 pm

My understanding is that both of these firms do the same kind of stuff - big capital markets NYC style work. The NYC firms in the silicon valley generally stay away from technology/emerging companies/VC stuff/silicon valleyish stuff and stick with what they do in new york.

Anonymous User

Re: Silicon Valley - STB or DPW?

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:02 pm

I would be tempted to go with whichever office has the most partners in it. In the past, SV outposts have closed abruptly bc of lack of work and partner defection. Then again, that's mostly occurred with firms that have offices in SF, so it doesn't really apply here...

Return to “Legal Employment”