For those with Kirkland offers

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

For those with Kirkland offers

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:35 am

Did you get an email PDF of your offer letter via email? If not, how long did it take to get your letter via mail?

Any Chicago people accept yet? I'd like to get to know some of my future fellow co-workers! :)

Anonymous User

Re: For those with Kirkland offers

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:06 pm

It took about 4 days to get a letter. No PDF, although if you're abroad they might be willing to send one.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:07 pm

Anonymous User wrote:It took about 4 days to get a letter. No PDF, although if you're abroad they might be willing to send one.

Not abroad, just impatient. :)

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:02 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:It took about 4 days to get a letter. No PDF, although if you're abroad they might be willing to send one.

Not abroad, just impatient. :)

It took about 8 days for me, FWIW.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:03 pm

I know this is off-topic for the thread, but how long after your CBs did you receive your offers? I'm waiting anxiously :|

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:37 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I know this is off-topic for the thread, but how long after your CBs did you receive your offers? I'm waiting anxiously :|

From what I have been hearing it ranges from later that day to more than three weeks. Good luck!

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:19 pm

I accepted recently. I would love to get to know future SAs, especially if you are in my practice area or go to my law school.

On an unrelated note, did anyone receive an unmarked letter sent from Maryland offering a spot at Hogwarts the very day you received the K&E offer? This happened to me, and I am trying to figure out if one of my friends is pranking me or if K&E is just really creative with their offers... (I'm guessing the former!)

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:41 am

Anonymous User wrote:I accepted recently. I would love to get to know future SAs, especially if you are in my practice area or go to my law school.

On an unrelated note, did anyone receive an unmarked letter sent from Maryland offering a spot at Hogwarts the very day you received the K&E offer? This happened to me, and I am trying to figure out if one of my friends is pranking me or if K&E is just really creative with their offers... (I'm guessing the former!)

What office did you accept into? I accepted into NY's general practice last week. Would also love to get to know future SAs.

spondee

Postby spondee » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:29 am

Anonymous User wrote:What office did you accept into? I accepted into NY's general practice last week. Would also love to get to know future SAs.

I have a Kirkland NY offer I'm weighing. If you'd be willing to PM, I'd love to hear why chose them...

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:06 pm

spondee wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:What office did you accept into? I accepted into NY's general practice last week. Would also love to get to know future SAs.

I have a Kirkland NY offer I'm weighing. If you'd be willing to PM, I'd love to hear why chose them...

PM'd.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:07 pm

Would like to meet some people---Chicago, lit here. PM me! Congrats everyone!

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:15 pm

Any other Kirkland NY offerees/acceptees?

gobgred

Postby gobgred » Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:24 pm

I have an offer from Kirkland (Chicago) I'm going to accept, corporate side, anyone else who will be in Chicago feel free to contact me, would love to get to know anyone.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:25 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I accepted recently. I would love to get to know future SAs, especially if you are in my practice area or go to my law school.

What office did you accept into? I accepted into NY's general practice last week. Would also love to get to know future SAs.

We should really bifurcate this thread.

I accepted into the Chicago office. Is anyone else from Harvard going to the offer dinner in Cambridge on Friday?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:15 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

We should really bifurcate this thread.

I accepted into the Chicago office. Is anyone else from Harvard going to the offer dinner in Cambridge on Friday?

I am from Harvard and have DC offer and have not heard when dinner will be. Is the one this Friday just for Chicago offerees?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:25 am

For the person with the DC offer, when was your callback and when did you receive an offer?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:52 am

just accepted kirkland dc offer last week. current yale 2L.

and they mailed my offer letter overnight. it was crazy fast and impressive.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:41 pm

Just out of curiosity, did any of your offers have a contingency clause on maintaining a strong academic record and satisfactorily completing a background check? -- NY office here.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:44 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Just out of curiosity, did any of your offers have a contingency clause on maintaining a strong academic record and satisfactorily completing a background check? -- NY office here.

Yes. It's standard with Kirkland letters.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:46 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Just out of curiosity, did any of your offers have a contingency clause on maintaining a strong academic record and satisfactorily completing a background check? -- NY office here.

Yes. It's standard with Kirkland letters.

Ok, good. I figured as much, but wanted to make sure I wasn't special :) -- Thanks!

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:25 pm

Any new acceptees?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:49 pm

I received a Kirkland offer on 9/20, but no letter yet.

Return to “Legal Employment”