Fish & Richardson

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Fish & Richardson

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:48 pm

Anyone else get a recent call after a CB not giving an offer, but saying something to the effect of logistical issues making it impossible to make offers now, but they will call again in a few days?

Anonymous User

Re: Fish & Richardson

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:54 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone else get a recent call after a CB not giving an offer, but saying something to the effect of logistical issues making it impossible to make offers now, but they will call again in a few days?

How long did you receive the call back after screening interview?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:55 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone else get a recent call after a CB not giving an offer, but saying something to the effect of logistical issues making it impossible to make offers now, but they will call again in a few days?

OP here. A few days after the screening. Also, as of now, I did my callback about a week and a half ago.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:39 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

OP here. A few days after the screening. Also, as of now, I did my callback about a week and a half ago.

Which office is this?

I had my CB almost a month ago. I got in touch last week, and was told to hold tight, no decisions have been made, I was a strong candidate, and to please let them know if I have other offers or whatever.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:44 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Which office is this?

I had my CB almost a month ago. I got in touch last week, and was told to hold tight, no decisions have been made, I was a strong candidate, and to please let them know if I have other offers or whatever.

Did you call? I emailed the recruiting coordinator and have heard nothing. Thinking about calling. Not sure who I will call though.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:59 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Which office is this?

SD. Just found out that the same thing happened to a friend, but for the SV office.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:23 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:th ago. I got in touch last week, and was told to hold tight, no decisions have been made, I was a strong candidate, and to please let them know if I have other offers or whatever.

Did you call? I emailed the recruiting coordinator and have heard nothing. Thinking about calling. Not sure who I will call though.

I emailed one of the partners (or I guess principals) I interviewed with, who happens to be an alum of my law school. I would call that Leslie Weipert lady, she seems to be in charge of the whole machinery.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:55 pm

Anyone hear anything, from any of the offices yet? Or specifically the Dallas office?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:03 pm

OP here. I still haven't heard, and they told me I would hear no later than Thursday.... Well, it is Thursday evening. Sigh.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:14 am

Just got an offer in DC yesterday.. did my callback late Aug/Early Sept. Friend got an offer from Houston the other day as well a long time after their callback. Any thoughts on stability? I'm a little hesitant to commit seeing how they've been doing lately.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:17 am

Anonymous User wrote:Just got an offer in DC yesterday.. did my callback late Aug/Early Sept. Friend got an offer from Houston the other day as well a long time after their callback. Any thoughts on stability? I'm a little hesitant to commit seeing how they've been doing lately.

Full Disclosure: I was rejected from their Dallas office. So take that for what you will.

I am not sure I would take Fish if I had other options. I don't think their organization is very stable. I think it is a problem that the offices do not have the power to make decisions about what is best for them. For example, in hiring. Dallas is sorely understaffed for the amount of work they are pulling in, and would love to hire X amount of summers. However, they have to get permission from the firm governance, which is spread across the firm, but none of it is in Dallas. They cannot let Dallas grow too much, because then they will not need people from their offices to cross staff on projects. So they come back and tell Dallas only X/2 summers can be hired there. So instead of letting the offices grow and shrink in an organic way in reaction to their markets, they are restricted in growth. This leads to an inefficient spread of resources.

That is just one example, but I think the decentralized structure hurts them in other ways too. For instance, it makes them very slow to react to things. I think this might be one of the reasons they were hurt more by the economic downturn then some other IP boutiques.

Of course, you are free to disagree with me, I wouldn't take offense to that. I am just telling you what I think.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:37 pm

I just got an offer from San Diego yesterday.

Return to “Legal Employment”