call if only Crickets after callback

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

call if only Crickets after callback

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:45 pm

Call firm if haven't heard anything 10 days after callback. (10 days might be somewhat misleading because interview was on a Friday so includes 2 weekends)

Re: call if only Crickets after callback

Postby 270910 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:46 pm

It's not rare or uncommon for it to take that long or longer. Whether calling will hurt or help I can't say, but this is not an extraordinary circumstance which should move you to contact the firm.

Kohinoor

Postby Kohinoor » Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:46 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Call firm if haven't heard anything 10 days after callback. (10 days might be somewhat misleading because interview was on a Friday so includes 2 weekends)

No harm in it but a vastly better idea is to inquire about their timeline during your cb.

Postby 270910 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:48 pm

Kohinoor wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Call firm if haven't heard anything 10 days after callback. (10 days might be somewhat misleading because interview was on a Friday so includes 2 weekends)

No harm in it but a vastly better idea is to inquire about their timeline during your cb.

Or obsessively read about other people bragging about offers / CBs on TLS as you keep a meticulous spreadsheet detailing possible hiring committee meeting schedules.*

*I hate law school and all of these anon postings on TLS. I'm not sure what purpose they serve except for making people stress. It's like rent seeking, only payment comes in nervous breakdowns and bitter, bitter tears.

paratactical

Postby paratactical » Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:50 pm

disco_barred wrote:*I hate law school and all of these anon postings on TLS. I'm not sure what purpose they serve except for making people stress. It's like rent seeking, only payment comes in nervous breakdowns and bitter, bitter tears.

The best part is how many of them, like this OP, clearly don't need to be anonymous.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:41 am

I was told during my CB that the firm would be meeting regarding candidates on a certain Friday, and that offers would go out the following Monday. I did not hear anything on that Monday, or the following week. Or the week after that. I just shot the recruiting coordinator an email touching base re: my candidacy, communicating my continued interest, and asking her to let me know if she needed anything else from me. Offered the following morning, and caller referenced my email. It may have been a coincidence in timing, but I don't think a quick, casual follow-up can hurt. Don't over-think things. If you're genuinely interested in the firm, it's okay to let them know in a professional manner.

mr. tumnus

Postby mr. tumnus » Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:44 am

paratactical wrote:
disco_barred wrote:*I hate law school and all of these anon postings on TLS. I'm not sure what purpose they serve except for making people stress. It's like rent seeking, only payment comes in nervous breakdowns and bitter, bitter tears.

The best part is how many of them, like this OP, clearly don't need to be anonymous.

FWIW, I always post anonymously on the employment board, and I don't quite understand why that seems to hurt feelings around here. For me, it is better to avoid risking someone connecting the dots. I'm sure that some people do it b/c they are asking questions that they worry will be perceived as "stupid." Either way, what's it to you?

Anonymous Loser

Postby Anonymous Loser » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:02 am

Is the anonymous post defending anonymous posting meant to be ironic?

vanwinkle

Postby vanwinkle » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:10 am

mr. tumnus wrote:FWIW, I always post anonymously on the employment board, and I don't quite understand why that seems to hurt feelings around here. For me, it is better to avoid risking someone connecting the dots. I'm sure that some people do it b/c they are asking questions that they worry will be perceived as "stupid." Either way, what's it to you?

This didn't need to be anonymous, so I de-anonymized it.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:12 am

Anonymous User wrote:I was told during my CB that the firm would be meeting regarding candidates on a certain Friday, and that offers would go out the following Monday. I did not hear anything on that Monday, or the following week. Or the week after that. I just shot the recruiting coordinator an email touching base re: my candidacy, communicating my continued interest, and asking her to let me know if she needed anything else from me. Offered the following morning, and caller referenced my email. It may have been a coincidence in timing, but I don't think a quick, casual follow-up can hurt. Don't over-think things. If you're genuinely interested in the firm, it's okay to let them know in a professional manner.

This was a public service employer at OCI, but similar results: E-mail requesting a status update, got an offer the next day. I don't imagine it always goes this well, but I've seen it work.

mr. tumnus

Postby mr. tumnus » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:14 am

vanwinkle wrote:
mr. tumnus wrote:FWIW, I always post anonymously on the employment board, and I don't quite understand why that seems to hurt feelings around here. For me, it is better to avoid risking someone connecting the dots. I'm sure that some people do it b/c they are asking questions that they worry will be perceived as "stupid." Either way, what's it to you?

This didn't need to be anonymous, so I de-anonymized it.

thanks, dick.

vanwinkle

Postby vanwinkle » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:17 am

mr. tumnus wrote:thanks, dick.

De-anonymized again. Bonus: Tempban for repeating misuse of anon feature.

rcb5142

Postby rcb5142 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:33 am

vanwinkle wrote:

The mods need to make a decision about whether they are going to enforce the anon rules or not - but its pretty silly to pick on this guy when you can go into any thread and find plenty of anon posts that "don't need to be anon." The selective enforcement is more annoying that the rule in the first place. So ya, don't be a dick.

JohnBlaze

Postby JohnBlaze » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:46 am

Dear Hammer Nuts,

Thanks for proving your douchiness with the temp ban. I called you a dick because I expressed my reasons for issuing all employment board posts anonymously. Whether or not the risk of being outed is significant enough for me to post anonymously is personal to me, and should not be subject to your juvenle tendencies. As a mod, you should be capable of acting like a big boy.

Everyone posts anonymously on this board for various reasons. The purpose of my comment was to point this out. I am sorry if you took this as a general attack on the size of your genitalia. Your indiscriminate wielding of the almighty Ban Hammer reminds me, once again, why I have come and gone from the TLS boards numerous times over the past few years: While there is some useful information sprinkled in among the douchiness, idiots like you, acting as if your high post count/mod status is grounds for abusing others and passing off third-hand information as gospel to people who likely don't know enough to tell you to shut up, are eventually insufferable.

Again, using your stupid TLS "mod powers" is not a proxy for actually having a penis. Figure it out. The Anon posting rules on this board are stupid. Either allow it, or don't. But don't sit on the board and cry about it or issue counterproductive rants in the form of whiney posts. And singling me out is even more ridiculous. As far as tyrants go, you're pretty pathetic.

EDIT: My last post (the one you "banned" me for) was posted anonymously on accident. Which brings up another point: Find a better design, and one that doesn't make it so easy to post anonymously on accident before you begin exercising your omniscience.
Last edited by JohnBlaze on Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

paratactical

Postby paratactical » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:50 am

rcb5142 wrote:
vanwinkle wrote:

The mods need to make a decision about whether they are going to enforce the anon rules or not - but its pretty silly to pick on this guy when you can go into any thread and find plenty of anon posts that "don't need to be anon." The selective enforcement is more annoying that the rule in the first place. So ya, don't be a dick.

Maybe if people actually followed the rules, the mods wouldn't have to worry about wasting time with this shit. Further, wtf do you think is going to happen when you then anonymously reply calling someone a dick? Really? I mean, c'mon.

JohnBlaze

Postby JohnBlaze » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:53 am

paratactical wrote:
rcb5142 wrote:
vanwinkle wrote:

Maybe if people actually followed the rules, the mods wouldn't have to worry about wasting time with this shit. Further, wtf do you think is going to happen when you then anonymously reply calling someone a dick? Really? I mean, c'mon.

Awwww.... I'm sure that your big bwuther appreciates you sticking up for him. Just make sure you get home before the streetlights come on.

KMaine

Postby KMaine » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:56 am

Kohinoor wrote:

Back to the matter at hand TITCR. Recruitment directors are not going to be offended if you ask about a timeline during a CB. They may not be able to give you a concrete answer, but they may, and they understand why your are asking. Also, calling about status, if done professionally (and not frequently) also should not create any problems for your candidacy.

vanwinkle

Postby vanwinkle » Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:05 am

JohnBlaze wrote:Dear Hammer Nuts,

Thanks for proving your douchiness with the temp ban. I called you a dick because I expressed my reasons for issuing all employment board posts anonymously. Whether or not the risk of being outed is significant enough for me to post anonymously is personal to me, and should not be subject to your juvenle tendencies. As a mod, you should be capable of acting like a big boy.

Everyone posts anonymously on this board for various reasons. The purpose of my comment was to point this out. I am sorry if you took this as a general attack on the size of your genitalia. Your indiscriminate wielding of the almighty Ban Hammer reminds me, once again, why I have come and gone from the TLS boards numerous times over the past few years: While there is some useful information sprinkled in among the douchiness, idiots like you, acting as if your high post count/mod status is grounds for abusing others and passing off third-hand information as gospel to people who likely don't know enough to tell you to shut up, are eventually insufferable.

Again, using your stupid TLS "mod powers" is not a proxy for actually having a penis. Figure it out. The Anon posting rules on this board are stupid. Either allow it, or don't. But don't sit on the board and cry about it or issue counterproductive rants in the form of whiney posts. And singling me out is even more ridiculous. As far as tyrants go, you're pretty pathetic.

EDIT: My last post (the one you "banned" me for) was posted anonymously on accident. Which brings up another point: Find a better design, and one that doesn't make it so easy to post anonymously on accident before you begin exercising your omniscience.

Banhammer for unapproved alting and ban evasion.

I do encourage everyone else to get back to the matter at hand. This thread shouldn't be about people protesting the anon rules. Let's stay on topic from here.

rcb5142

Postby rcb5142 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:42 am

vanwinkle wrote:
JohnBlaze wrote:Dear Hammer Nuts,

Banhammer for unapproved alting and ban evasion.

I do encourage everyone else to get back to the matter at hand. This thread shouldn't be about people protesting the anon rules. Let's stay on topic from here.

Your selective enforcement of the anon rule is what derailed this thread in the first place. I guess the idea is that the anon feature can be abused so long as you don't insult a mod while you're doing it. fresh.

vanwinkle

Postby vanwinkle » Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:53 pm

rcb5142 wrote:Your selective enforcement of the anon rule is what derailed this thread in the first place. I guess the idea is that the anon feature can be abused so long as you don't insult a mod while you're doing it. fresh.

Any "selectivity" is due to the fact that I do not read every single thread on this forum in order to enforce the rules, and thus I only tend to react when either 1) I happen to be reading a thread and see something, or 2) someone reports abuse of the anon feature using the report button (the red exclamation point in the lower right of each post) like they're supposed to. I do continue reading threads I've already posted in, so responding to me directly is a great way to make sure I notice your abuse of the feature.

If you see something involving abuse of the anon feature, don't just complain about "selective enforcement", report it so it will be dealt with. Now, drop the subject. That is a warning.

bwv812

Postby bwv812 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:17 pm

vanwinkle

Postby vanwinkle » Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:37 pm

bwv812 wrote:I don't know where the hell you want people to raise their issues with the anon feature

Not in this thread, obviously. Anyone else who decides to continue discussing the topic here will be tempbanned also.

Cops And Modders

Postby Cops And Modders » Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:30 pm

vanwinkle wrote: Now, drop the subject. That is a warning.

Oooooooooo, a stern WARNING. TLS is getting to be a scary place...

P.S. Vanwinkel, you are a jackoff. Ban for telling truth, I presume?

vanwinkle

Postby vanwinkle » Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:50 pm

Cops And Modders wrote:
vanwinkle wrote: Now, drop the subject. That is a warning.

Oooooooooo, a stern WARNING. TLS is getting to be a scary place...

P.S. Vanwinkel, you are a jackoff. Ban for telling truth, I presume?

Ban for unauthorized alting, IP ban, and with apologies to OP, this thread is done.

Return to “Legal Employment”