Jones Day--Atlanta

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: Jones Day--Atlanta

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:34 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone talked to recruiting? I had thought they were making decisions end of last week, but I heard of some rejections going out early in the week and then nothing else happened. Loved the place, but almost out of time with regard to other offers. Is it appropriate to get in touch with the recruiting manager or is that a big no-go?

Yes, you should call Burch and let her know that you are getting close to your other deadlines so you need to know where you stand. Let them know JD is your first choice.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:12 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Hadn't heard anything yet. I called recruiting department, and no one was there to pick up the phone. If any of you heard anything, please keep us updated!

+1. I would be really frustrated if I didnt like this place so much. Anyone know what the cycle has been like in years past? Does it usually run this late?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:17 pm

Hey guys I just accepted at a diff JD location but my timeline was same day offer, but i know of others who waited 2+ weeks so don't fret. Also their cycle is a little later than other firms, for instance they arn't even interviewing at NW for another few weeks.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:24 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Hadn't heard anything yet. I called recruiting department, and no one was there to pick up the phone. If any of you heard anything, please keep us updated!

+1. I would be really frustrated if I didnt like this place so much. Anyone know what the cycle has been like in years past? Does it usually run this late?

Yes it runs late. They have no set frame for when they give callbacks vs. offers. Some people same day/day after and others a week +. If you haven't gotten a ding then they're still interested. The ATL office usually looks for a very specific class size so they are likely waiting on others to accept/reject.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:59 pm

Anonymous User wrote:The ATL office usually looks for a very specific class size so they are likely waiting on others to accept/reject.

I don't doubt that they are looking at a very specific class size, but I haven't heard of ANY offers being extended for people that did CBs anytime after 9/7. I find it hard to believe that they had extended their full quota of offers already.

I was also unable to get in touch with recruiting, so maybe they have turned the phones off and all our rejections are in the mail. :shock:

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:14 pm

I know of at least one being extended post 9/7.

edit: CB post 9/7

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:25 pm

Sorry, I meant actual offers for SA positions being extended from CBs that took place on 9/7 or after.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:34 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Sorry, I meant actual offers for SA positions being extended from CBs that took place on 9/7 or after.

Above post edited to reflect your initial meaning.

Look - I wouldn't be too worried about the time frame until next week. The inability to get in touch with HR can be disconcerting but you have to remember that they screen their calls because the recruiting dept gets absolutely slammed with calls and emails this time of year. And they are the same people that are dealing with the incoming class of SAs from 2009 who are coming in next month. So this isn't the only stuff they have going on.

Contact Burch - leave a message on her voicemail and follow up with an email notifying her that you called and explaining your circumstances re; other offer deadlines. If they want you they will let you know and be in touch. If not, then they won't. But at the end of the day, you will have done all you could have done without going overboard and being a pain in the ass.

Good luck.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:38 pm

Hey OP back after spending some time actually trying to do schoolwork for a week or so. Any other T-14 people that got CBs through an OCI/EIW type program hear anything either personally or heresay?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:33 pm

op, T-14 here. It has been about 2 or more weeks, but hadnt heard anything yet. I think we need to be patient, and wait. I do understand that they are hiring only certain number of class, and they want to review everyone's file probably before making decision. However, I just cannot hide, though, how much I want this job. keep us posted guys! gluck :)

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:58 pm

So who is still seriously waiting? I agreed with the opinion above that they were waiting to release most of the decisions all at once, but at this point they must have done a first round and then are waiting on who they end up hearing back from right? I haven't gotten a peep out of recruiting. Has anyone talked to them recently? Like everyone else, I loved this office, but my other offers are starting to squeeze the pressure on to make a decision. Kind of stuck as to what to do.

Return to “Legal Employment”